-more of my 30 year collection-

aka da Prof

Jan 18, 2009
Finger Lakes, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Garret Freedom One / Fisher 1280X / Beach Bully sand scoop/ Garret ProPin Pointer/Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
after seeing the CSN button on the Banner, I figured time to share what came out of my backyard garden while tilling a few years ago. Definitely not in Banner condition, but of interest. Just how a CSN button ended up here in the Finger Lakes of N.Y. is anybody's guess!!
Also included are the other military items Ihave dug, the small box all from one site that is a farm field now! Screen shot 2018-07-25 at 9.06.33 AM.pngScreen shot 2018-07-25 at 9.18.01 AM.pngScreen shot 2018-07-25 at 9.05.49 AM.png

the shako plate in the smaller box came out in rolled up little pieces, probably more of it out there, just have not found them yet, at the bottom of the box is what I believe is a scabbard tip. The old 1860's map shows a blacksmith shop on this site in the village of South Lodi, that is totally gone now, at least 6 basements and post office--

Upvote 0
Awesome finds ! I take , that you are not far from Elmira ny . Maybe from the prisoner of war camp that was there--never know

Upvote 0
Just how a CSN button ended up here in the Finger Lakes of N.Y. is anybody's guess!!

Even in the American Civil War soldiers took buttons from the jackets of dead or captured enemy soldiers to keep as war trophies.

Upvote 0
Wow, that's impressive. Congrats on the finds.

Upvote 0
thats banner for sure might be a little late posting em to get banner if you ever need a gardener im your huckleberry

Upvote 0
--Digging440 years, yes, I meant to include that line of thinking in my post. Could well be from Elmira. My house was built in 1860, sold to the miller's mom for a buck!! says so on my deed. An interest tip I could follow is that there are two names chiseled into the wall of my back yard gorge, (just as fine as on any shale tombstone you could find!) just below the mill site (© 1799). it seems to be a Mr Howell, the miller, that's dated 1860, and his son Edward Howell, dated 1880!! I might check records if one of them were volunteers. I hope to get down into the gorge this summer duing low water to photo those names--I'll post if I do--

Upvote 0
thank you GaRebal, rook and A2 !!! and the funny this is, I do detect my yards and gardens every year, but this was turned by my dirt fork !!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back