✅ SOLVED More like, what kind of car is it from?

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can see it's a spoked tire rim, that much is obvious. When did they stop using these? Is it worth digging up?

ForumRunner_20121027_161601.png

ForumRunner_20121027_161618.png

Personally, I'd at least dig just enough to see the center, where there may be a symbol or some type of marking.

Upvote 0
I was thinking that, I may do it tomorrow... I'm just worried about storage until I can get my electrolysis system set up.

Upvote 0
my dads got spoke knock off rims on his triumphs and MG's

that one there looks really bad though.

my dad recently purchased a set of 4 off craigslist that need re chroming for about $60 and are in otherwise good shape.

that one there looks like a good addition to the scrap steel pile.

Upvote 0
If you look at the one I found, the tire gauge is really narrow compared to todays cars that have the retro spokes. Not saying it'd be worth digging out to reuse, but maybe as some sort of ornament.

Upvote 0
Mid to later 30s auto. Doesn't hurt to salvage, so car enthusiast my want to restore it.

Upvote 0
I think I'm gonna go take a closer look at it this morning. Don't really want to with the rain and all, but given this area's propensity to flood and flood hard, it may not be there after the storm clears. Will post pics when I get it out of the ground.

Upvote 0
I gotta go with some type of motorcycle rim......................HH

Upvote 0
hopefully it's still connected to the vehicle :laughing7:

Good luck !

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Just found a photo on my phone from the day i made a run to pick up the rims from the guy for my dad.

I cant remember what car it went to but i know hes restoring a TR6, so id imagine its for that... but then again it might be for his MG?

rim.jpg

edit

heres another from my phone on a triumph spitfire

rim 2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lots of classic cars had spoked wheels, Jaguar Triumph MG's...could be of a number of vehicles...

SS

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back