More interesting finds

RelicPrime113

Aug 20, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver, Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had another interesting but fun hunting day in my back yard. Its been four years already and there is lots more to be found. Enjoy!

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

Some kind of glass thingy, I found it in the same hole as the rock.

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

Copper button, found it in the same area as the manoil truck

007.JPG

Clad dime

008.JPG

Not sure what kind of rock it is, except that its heavy, black and a neodymium magnet really sticks to it.

Upvote 3
The rock is interesting! Possible Meteor??? :lightbulb:

Thanks, glad you guys like them. I don't know what kind of rock it is but im hoping its a meteor! ^_^

Sure looks to me like it could be a meteor. It has that smooth outer surface that meteors seem to get caused by extreme heat when entering the atmosphere. The fact that it's magnetic only adds to the possibility that it's a meteor. I bet someone over at MIT could tell you.

Thanks, I hope its one too.

I suspect your black magnetic rock is terrestrial magnetite, which is fairly common in some areas. Take a file to an obscure corner of it and see if after grinding off a bit it is shiny or dull black. If it is shiny it could be a meteorite, if dull black all the way through it is magnetite.

Your wide mouth glass 'jar' looks like it could be a porch light cover. Cool button!

Thanks, unfortunately it failed the tile test but i doubt the tile test because there are rocks on earth that don't leave scratches too. I'll try the nail filer trick if i can find one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back