Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found a nice 1899 Barber quarter, 1895 IHP, 186? Shield nickel and 6 more wheats, dates 1919 [2], 1920, 1941 and 1944 [2].
Also found a couple of old toy cars.
The quarter I had to burrow under a 3 inch thick root to get to took about half an hour to do that. The nickel I'm thrilled with - Even though I can only read the first 3 digits of the date, considering what old unearthed nickels usually look like I'm not complaing - And its my oldest find to date. The IHP, my second, is also in pretty fair shape - But notice the nasty little gash I put on the reverse digging it up.
Newbies and pros alike take note - Be careful how you dig, for it might be something valuable.
I'm lucky its not a key date, but just the same I'm none to pleased about scratching the 2nd Indian I've ever found.

All of the older coins [19th century] that I have found have been in the same small area - Theres evidence a tree was once there so that likely explains why I'm finding these old coins in one tiny area. The tree probably predated the house that was there, and the change I'm finding was likely lost by kids playing/climbing around the tree.

Attachments

• more3.jpg
    more3.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 315
Upvote 0
Way ta go X !!!!!!

;)

SHERMANVILLE*ILL said:
X,

nice.

Any pics of the toy cars?

S

Here ya go - No lettering on the car, which appears to be from the 50's.
The truck says 'Tootsietoys' on the bottom.

Attachments

• 100_0500 (Medium).JPG
    100_0500 (Medium).JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 289
Xray,

nice toy car and truck, thanks for posting. Do know that "Tootsie" was big in the early 1950's , and yours looks like it could be from that period.

Try
www.tootsietoy.com it is under construction right now so try later.

for I. D.

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Excellent digs!

HH

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back