Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to my lot for an hour or so today - The quantity has decreased, but the quality has went up.
Found my first Walking Liberty half [1942] first IHP [1890] a 194? wheat, and another nice tag, this one thankfully dated 1931.
I found these in an area I haven't gone over much yet because it abutts another houses property, and I didn't want to push my luck by digging close to inhabited houses.
I talked to the guy the other day and he said he wouldn't mind at all if I detected by his house, and this is the result.
On most of my finds I just use soap and water and a soft tooth brush to get the majority of the crud off, and thats about it.

Attachments

• libhalf.jpg
    libhalf.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 341
Upvote 0
WOW Xray,nice huntin,tho's Chauffeur tags can bring some good change with the right collector.Nice finds and grats on the two great first.HH

WoW! Those are some great finds!

Ya know....I never even heard of a IHP until I started reading TNet ! :D

Nana ;)

WOW!!! Real sweet finds there.......real nice job......... ;D

GL & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

Nice finds. Just so you know, the half dollar has a mint mark on it. I cant see if its an S or a D from the photo, but if you look on the reverse, to the left of the rock the eagle is perched on, right below the branch, you will see it. Sorry, I point these things out to people because I am a coin collector and notice these things, and alot of people that metal detect may not be coin collectors. Sometimes mint marks affect the value of a coin.

Anthony

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back