Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a new permission at a local institution of higher learning and Sunday I had 3 hours to scout it out. Not too much trash and tabs, I did find a Timex Ironman watch without the band down about 5 inches and came away with 127 coins face value $10.91. I good start to a promising coin shooting location. And with a little luck there will be some jewelry as well.

Yesterday I went water hunting to do my usual end of season cleanup at a local park swimming area. It took 5 1/2 hours to finish. I managed a nice assortment of cheapy jewelry some sinkers and a few coins. As always a few tabs and foil were found as well. The star of the day was a heavy 8k man’s ring. It was discolored and I wasn’t sure if it was really gold so I tested and it is 8k. The symbol in front of the 8 might be a makers mark. It weighs in at .35 troy ounces or 11 grams.

F93DA802-C742-42EC-A1E6-F76071764787.jpegD3529F9E-3B46-4560-AC29-38CFAA1B4EF8.jpegC5586B0B-22CA-4606-AF66-8A16D37A838F.jpeg

Another good day in the water. I still have a few more swimming areas to go if I can get the time before it gets too cold to work in the water. And later this month I will be going to the beach with my wife for a long weekend. I understand they did some beach restoration this summer. If it didn’t all wash away with the hurricane there should be some WW2 artifacts.

Thanks for looking and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 13
nice gold and other finds

Very Nice Finds! That Ring Is A Really Nice Save!

Good Luck on your Vacation!

Kace

Congratulations on the gold! :occasion14:

Are you sure the ring's not 18K? I know you tested it, but the mark sure looks like a 18.

At that angle it does look a little like a 1, but it actually is more like a weird angled 7. Definitely not testing at 18k

I also say 18k Ive never heard of 8k not saying there isn't any but looks like 18 k. Ya hear it listen close..... Boom Baby....... gold!!!!!

I wish it was 18k, but no luck. 10k is the lowest grade of gold sold in the US. Some countries do sell 8k jewelry. In a lot of middle eastern countries it is hard to find anything lower than 18k (we shopped in a jewelry stores in Egypt about 10 years ago and they only sold 18k) and in parts of Asia 22k is common. They do sell gold test needles for 8k, 10k, 12k, 14k, 18k, and 22k.

I have only found a few items in 8k, 12k and 22k. 10k, 14k, and 18k are definitely more common.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back