More Gold and Silver From The Old Gravel Lot!

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazingly, I was able to pull another gold class ring and six more silvers from the gravel yesterday! Even more amazing was that the gold ring was my first target and within 5 minutes after getting there.
IMG_4920-1.jpeg

That was pretty early in the morning and barely light yet so the pic quality isn't too good.

Also found were a cool old 925 ring, a '43 qtr, a '61 qtr, a '37 merc, a '48 roosie, a '63 roosie and a strange little charm with the loop broken off.
IMG_4921.jpeg
IMG_4922.jpeg

The class ring is 10k of course, and is from Righetti High School, Santa Maria, CA class of 1966, and has mother of pearl in the setting. There aren't any initials or a name inside.
IMG_4923.jpeg

I guess I'm still not done with this place. I'm kinda worried somebody has seen me hunting there and may give it a try themselves, even though I've tried to not look like I'm detecting when cars go by. Oh well, I've pulled an amazing amount of treasure from there already so no need to be greedy.

Upvote 39
Wow ... what a fantastic site - congrats on all the great finds ! :occasion14:
What's the total amount of Silver coins that you found in the parking lot since the first hunt ?

Your little pendant looks like a Hopi indian doll.

Last edited:
AMAZING finds AGAIN :) Thanks for showing us

Amazingly, I was able to pull another gold class ring and six more silvers from the gravel yesterday! Even more amazing was that the gold ring was my first target and within 5 minutes after getting there.
View attachment 2077271

That was pretty early in the morning and barely light yet so the pic quality isn't too good.

Also found were a cool old 925 ring, a '43 qtr, a '61 qtr, a '37 merc, a '48 roosie, a '63 roosie and a strange little charm with the loop broken off.View attachment 2077272View attachment 2077273

The class ring is 10k of course, and is from Righetti High School, Santa Maria, CA class of 1966, and has mother of pearl in the setting. There aren't any initials or a name inside.
View attachment 2077274

I guess I'm still not done with this place. I'm kinda worried somebody has seen me hunting there and may give it a try themselves, even though I've tried to not look like I'm detecting when cars go by. Oh well, I've pulled an amazing amount of treasure from there already so no need to be greedy.
Awsome hunt!

Wow ... what a fantastic site - congrats on all the great finds ! :occasion14:
What's the total amount of Silver coins that you found in the parking lot since the first hunt ?
Thanks!
So far; 35 silver coins, 3 silver rings and 2 gold rings. And zero pull tabs!

Digging in gravel must be difficult...how hard packed is it?
It's not packed at all anymore as it hasn't been driven on in many years, just lots of rocks.

Well done on the gold class ring and the latest silver haul.
The parking lot has really treated you well so far.

Well done on the gold class ring and the latest silver haul.
The parking lot has really treated you well so far.
Thanks Pepper, it really blows my mind every time I go there!

Thanks Pepper, it really blows my mind every time I go there!
I kind of rubs me that I missed it detecting around the area. (40 yrs ago) :laughing7:

I kind of rubs me that I missed it detecting around the area. (40 yrs ago) :laughing7:
I would imagine that all the Vegas area people that follow this site are trying desperately to figure out where this is. Thing is, it's almost invisible now.

Great finds. I wonder how many traveled past that lot carrying their detectors and never considered it worth the time to check it out?

I would imagine that all the Vegas area people that follow this site are trying desperately to figure out where this is. Thing is, it's almost invisible now.
I guess the surrounding desert has it's secrets.

View attachment 2077271

Also found were a cool old 925 ring, a '43 qtr, a '61 qtr, a '37 merc, a '48 roosie, a '63 roosie and a strange little charm with the loop broken off.View attachment 2077272View attachment 2077273

View attachment 2077274

Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back