Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
After the morels were harvested, I went back to swinging the Simplex. Lots of rusty tin, square nails and iron chunks. I found 2 horse shoes in one hole. I’m going to need to study these. I do not know the styles, ages, etc. I also found another nice harness ring and a head stamp: Federal Hi Power No 12. I saw that this design spans a period from 1920s to the 1950s. You can see by my Miller sundial it is 2:00. Actually 3:00 with Daylight Saving Time.

Attachments

• 6F0CB590-6240-4FF1-8D12-DC655FED75AE.jpeg
    6F0CB590-6240-4FF1-8D12-DC655FED75AE.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Upvote 16
...Lots of rusty tin, square nails and iron chunks. I found 2 horse shoes in one hole...found another nice harness ring and a head stamp...
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from METAL DETECTING over to TODAY'S FINDS! for more exposure.
tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum METAL DETECTING contains the Original Metal Detecting Forum. Share your experiences here, and learn from others. What's the oldest coin you've ever found? Have you ever found a diamond ring? A Gold Coin? The chat room for detectorists.

tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from METAL DETECTING over to TODAY'S FINDS! for more exposure.
tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum METAL DETECTING contains the Original Metal Detecting Forum. Share your experiences here, and learn from others. What's the oldest coin you've ever found? Have you ever found a diamond ring? A Gold Coin? The chat room for detectorists.
Thanks

At least you dug a few things today.
Miller was to clean the dirt/dust out-I'm sure.

Now to the important things-the Morels?
Tell us more please.

At least you dug a few things today.
Miller was to clean the dirt/dust out-I'm sure.

Now to the important things-the Morels?
Tell us more please.
Usually need warm nights and moisture to get them to “pop up”. It’s been cold and extremely dry. I almost waited too long. I saw them while swinging, and changed focus for a while. Bigger yellow ones should be coming soon.

Attachments

• C02818B3-05B9-49EC-9E10-3E0A394D58DB.jpeg
    C02818B3-05B9-49EC-9E10-3E0A394D58DB.jpeg
    720 KB · Views: 16
After the morels were harvested, I went back to swinging the Simplex. Lots of rusty tin, square nails and iron chunks. I found 2 horse shoes in one hole. I’m going to need to study these. I do not know the styles, ages, etc. I also found another nice harness ring and a head stamp: Federal Hi Power No 12. I saw that this design spans a period from 1920s to the 1950s. You can see by my Miller sundial it is 2:00. Actually 3:00 with Daylight Saving Time.
😂

I'm trying to figure out how you found the glass bottle full of beer with your metal detector without a metal cap on it! I can't train mine to do that yet! ??? :laughing7:

I'm trying to figure out how you found the glass bottle full of beer with your metal detector without a metal cap on it! I can't train mine to do that yet! ??? :laughing7:
There must be a little foil in the label! 😅

Nice

Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back