🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went back and hunted a site I hunted earlier and found some more bullets, a nice eagle cuff button marked Scovill on the back with solid shank, horseshoe, what I think is a heel plate, more shotgun shells and other misc stuff.

Attachments

• DSC00993.JPG
    DSC00993.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 856
  • DSC00995.JPG
    DSC00995.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 845
  • DSC00999.JPG
    DSC00999.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 844
  • DSC01000.JPG
    DSC01000.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 849
  • DSC01002.JPG
    DSC01002.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 840
  • DSC01005.JPG
    DSC01005.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 841
  • DSC01006.JPG
    DSC01006.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 843
Upvote 0
Spooky said:
the smallest bullet is a post 1900s bullet
(most likely post 1940s)

I figured that it was post war by the markings. Just included with the rest.

Congrats on the nice CW relics, did you find them in a field or the woods or maybe both, just curious ?

TommNJ

TommNJ said:
Congrats on the nice CW relics, did you find them in a field or the woods or maybe both, just curious ?

TommNJ

In the woods...DEEP in the woods. I actually got separated from my partner and ended up calling him on his cell. I asked for him to holler so I could get a bearing and I could barely hear him. Eventually I made back to him by us hollering every so often.

treasurehound said:
TommNJ said:

TommNJ

In the woods...DEEP in the woods. I actually got separated from my partner and ended up calling him on his cell. I asked for him to holler so I could get a bearing and I could barely hear him. Eventually I made back to him by us hollering every so often.

Cool, good idea bringing your cell phones.

Great finds Thound!!! That is a great looking button. The fact you dug it in deep woods helped preserve it as opposed to finding it in a field that had been heavily fertilized. Any time you see checkering in the grooves of a bullet, it's post war. Check the area where you guys found the relics today VERY carefully. There should be more relics there. Good luck.

Nice CW saves. The button looks to be in great shape.
Congrats.
Dman

Sweet looking button and lead TH. :icon_thumleft:
Well done Sir,
MM

I think this is a "felled" tree marker.
"hubbard" thing".
Newt

Attachments

• DSC01002.JPG
    DSC01002.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 624
nice relics :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

CenterHit said:
Congrats on the CW finds! Always good to see another E. Tennessean finding some good relics.

Is your avatar Johnny Clem the young drummer boy?

SWEET button!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back