More change jar finds

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
Went through another change jar that I have been having for some time, about half of what I sorted through yesterday. I’m especially excited about the 39 wheat back. Can’t wait to get to the bank next week. Think I’m gonna start out with Penny rolls. Thanks for viewing! IMG_0465.jpeg

Upvote 5
Went through another change jar that I have been having for some time, about half of what I sorted through yesterday. I’m especially excited about the 39 wheat back. Can’t wait to get to the bank next week. Think I’m gonna start out with Penny rolls. Thanks for viewing! View attachment 2100409
Penny rolls are fun and easy to sort....my record number of wheat backs is 22 pulls from a single roll....that is kind of rare for me...you'll get some king George V and VI pennies occasionally which are fun.... haven't pulled any indian heads yet though...look forward to your finds!

Went through another change jar that I have been having for some time, about half of what I sorted through yesterday. I’m especially excited about the 39 wheat back. Can’t wait to get to the bank next week. Think I’m gonna start out with Penny rolls. Thanks for viewing! View attachment 2100409
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Penny rolls are fun and easy to sort....my record number of wheat backs is 22 pulls from a single roll....that is kind of rare for me...you'll get some king George V and VI pennies occasionally which are fun.... haven't pulled any indian heads yet though...look forward to your finds!
Thanks coinstar, what do you consider is a good “dollar amount” to spend on pennys to have a good chance at finding something worthily?

Thanks coinstar, what do you consider is a good “dollar amount” to spend on pennys to have a good chance at finding something worthily?
I think I was getting about $50 in penny rolls and I was pulling a good amount of wheatbacks....I can't remember all the key dates...1909 is one.. and one I haven't found....I think my 1914 was a semi key date....maybe do the other $50 in nickels? Half dollars I've heard do ok...1964-68 are the dates to look for.... I usually keep it to a hundred dollars total....but you find there are other coin roll hunters spending $500 and higher....keeping the good finds and returning the rest to the bank...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back