More Buttons and a Lion that freaks me out........

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday turned out to be another one of those crazy rainy days........On and off rain, drizzle and clouds that just kept on moving in. But this day of detecting turned up a few nice keepers for everyone......Like last week we found plenty of buttons and had to quit early because of the rain, but since the rain was not hard and just light all day we gave it our all and roughed it. Tim , jeff and a new addition to the qroup Rolfe had a great time and like I said earlier we all found some nice find , including quit a few marked buttons .......but the one thing that turned up to be different was this pin that I found at one of the cellar holes. Now I'm not one to be freaked out buy things but looking at this pin just gives you the E-bee-gee bee's.... ;D

P5060002 Large Web view.jpg

.....it is just plain weird. So with out making a long story short , the finds were nice , but no coins ...........at least for me.

P5050001 Large Web view.jpg

Like I have mentioned in past posts, buttons are my favorite item to find. They just play a huge part in dating the places you hunt and this gold gilt button is a new one for my collection.......

P5060015 Large Web view.jpg

P5050004 Large Web view.jpg

P5060010 Large Web view.jpg

Everyone have a great forth and Keep on Digging!

P5050005 Large Web view.jpg

P5050007 Medium Web view.jpg

John

[

Upvote 0
Your button on the left looks alot like the one I found yesterday and posted tonight in the What is It forum, do you know it's age? Can you take a look at my similar button? Thanks for any help and great finds. T.

Seeker,
You're freaking me out with that lion piece! O.K., just kidding. I thought it looked like a monkey face. ;D
Congrats on the relics. I'm like you, I love finding the old buttons. So many varieties out there. :icon_thumleft:
-MM-

could be a dog :-\

Attachments

• dog.jpg
    dog.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 386
Definitely looks like a dog to me
Cool finds!

Hunting dog was my first thought.

Brian

cool finds - love that bell!

HH

After cleaning the so calld Lion head piece a little better , it does look like a dogs head with some long hairy ears! So I guess I feel much better...........it must be a ( LEO ) thing!............lol Thanks for in imput. :wink:

Keep on Digging! John

It struck me as a dog too, first impression looked like a retriever.At least you got out!

I vote lion. One of my cats has "lion cheeks" just like that. You can also see a mane in your photo. At least it looks like a mane.

Attachments

• puma cheeks.JPG
    puma cheeks.JPG
    5.6 KB · Views: 105

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back