Montana Jim told me I should post these.

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois

Attachments

• finds 001.jpg
    finds 001.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 534
  • finds 002.jpg
    finds 002.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 516
  • finds 003.jpg
    finds 003.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 531
  • finds 004.jpg
    finds 004.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 511
Upvote 0
Now why would Jim have to encourage you to post those finds? ??? Those are awesome! :o Of course you know I am loving that Barber! ;D

Congrats!!!! Nana ;)

No wonder why he asked you to post 'em...

They're greeeeeat!

Thanx for sharing,

Nickel_B

Dang... nice pics and finds Lucky... what took ya' so long? :)

That spoon is cool... did you say it was silver? I cannot remember...

Cool Spoon 1893 No Less Very nice

Does it say Fisheries Building in bowl? There was a set of six each depicting a different building.
1.) Administration Building
2.) Transportation Building
3.) Fisheries Building
4.) Machinery Hall
5.) Art Palace
6.) Manufacturers & Liberal Arts

The World's Columbian Exposition, celebrating the 400th anniversary of Christopher Columbus's landing in America, was actually held in 1893, a year later than had been planned. New York City, Washington, D.C., St.Louis, and Chicago had all vied for the honor of housing the exposition, and it was during this vigorous and often vocal competition that Charles A. Dana, editor of the New York Sun, dubbed Chicago "that windy city." Chicago's lobbyists finally won out and, on April 25, 1890, President Benjamin Harrison signed the act that designated Chicago as the site of the exposition. It took three frantic years of preparation and work to produce the exposition. Although dedication ceremonies were held on October 21, 1892, the fairgrounds were not opened to the public until May 1, 1893. The exposition closed on October 30, 1893.

The exposition occupied 630 acres in Jackson Park and the Midway Plaisance. The main site was bounded by Stony Island Avenue on the west, 67th Street on the south, Lake Michigan on the east, and 56th Street on the north (see map). The Midway Plaisance, a narrow strip of land between 59th and 60th Streets, extends west from Stony Island to Cottage Grove Avenue.

The exposition occupied 630 acres in Jackson Park and the Midway Plaisance. The main site was bounded by Stony Island Avenue on the west, 67th Street on the south, Lake Michigan on the east, and 56th Street on the north (see map). The Midway Plaisance, a narrow strip of land between 59th and 60th Streets, extends west from Stony Island to Cottage Grove Avenue.

lucky1777,

nice finds. Congrat on that 4th
Barber :o in only a two week period. :o
Sometimes life is good ;D

Neat spoon, old, old, old, KEEPER. :o

have a good un...
SHERMANVILLE

Nice job, Jonjon....especially on four barbers in two weeks. :o

Cool spoon! Clean it up and have some ice cream. ;)

Montana Jim said:
Dang... nice pics and finds Lucky... what took ya' so long? :)

That spoon is cool... did you say it was silver? I cannot remember...
No its not silver, I wish it was.

Gypsy, it was from the fisheries building.

Nana, I just haven't been in the posting mood.

Thanks Sherm, but I would trade it all for your button.

Lisa, you know I cant eat no ice cream, not on the diet. ;)

Thanks Boobydoo, titan, deepdigger, halfdime, doozis, buff1935, super kirk, and Carolina.

Nice finds, Lucky. I'm glad you posted them. The spoon is really neat & thanks to Gypsy for her research.

;) RR

Cool. Good stuff. Most definitely post.

Last year I found a souvenir from the 1933 World Fair in Chicago. To me those kind of finds are better than barbers for sure. ;D

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back