Mondays Finds

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually Monday's finds. Went to a 1916 school house turned park that I have been to several times. School building itself has been moved on the site and I'm still researching and searching for the original location. I have not come up with any old finds yet and it may be covered in fill dirt. The most interesting older item found so far was a steel (tin?) can with no lid and a tiny hole in the bottom. Prehistoric cell phone maybe. 3-4 times a week they allow a food truck to set up there and it seems that it's a common thing for the patrons to throw away their pennies. This is the second time I have been able to pick up a handful and it appears there may be many more I had to leave behind. Most are only an inch or so down, 3 were surface finds. I don't mind the easy pickings as they all go to a good cause. I'll probably never have to leave that park empty handed. The playground there yielded my first ring and a cute necklace. They host some pretty large group events and picnics, so I'm sure I'll find something nice eventually. Wishing you all a successful hunt.
20230612_190218.jpg
20230612_191003.jpg20230612_191222.jpg

Upvote 15
Actually Monday's finds. Went to a 1916 school house turned park that I have been to several times. School building itself has been moved on the site and I'm still researching and searching for the original location. I have not come up with any old finds yet and it may be covered in fill dirt. The most interesting older item found so far was a steel (tin?) can with no lid and a tiny hole in the bottom. Prehistoric cell phone maybe. 3-4 times a week they allow a food truck to set up there and it seems that it's a common thing for the patrons to throw away their pennies. This is the second time I have been able to pick up a handful and it appears there may be many more I had to leave behind. Most are only an inch or so down, 3 were surface finds. I don't mind the easy pickings as they all go to a good cause. I'll probably never have to leave that park empty handed. The playground there yielded my first ring and a cute necklace. They host some pretty large group events and picnics, so I'm sure I'll find something nice eventually. Wishing you all a successful hunt.View attachment 2088960View attachment 2088961View attachment 2088962
Congrats Sandog on the great day of hunting. I got a school similar in age as the one you speak of, & I've only found 1 old coin so far that dates to the school. Tons of clad & the occasional silver rosie.

Actually Monday's finds. Went to a 1916 school house turned park that I have been to several times. School building itself has been moved on the site and I'm still researching and searching for the original location. I have not come up with any old finds yet and it may be covered in fill dirt. The most interesting older item found so far was a steel (tin?) can with no lid and a tiny hole in the bottom. Prehistoric cell phone maybe. 3-4 times a week they allow a food truck to set up there and it seems that it's a common thing for the patrons to throw away their pennies. This is the second time I have been able to pick up a handful and it appears there may be many more I had to leave behind. Most are only an inch or so down, 3 were surface finds. I don't mind the easy pickings as they all go to a good cause. I'll probably never have to leave that park empty handed. The playground there yielded my first ring and a cute necklace. They host some pretty large group events and picnics, so I'm sure I'll find something nice eventually. Wishing you all a successful hunt.View attachment 2088960View attachment 2088961View attachment 2088962
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back