Mondays Finds 6/14

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Crossed the state line into WV to do some hunting today. Rained off and on most of the morning so I left my camera in the truck. I did get one insitu when the sun came out but it's a heartbreaker. Pretty good day with a couple of corner notches, endscrapers, a heavily used Dalton? I think, and a hematite rubstone / maybe cone? The first car in about an hour and a half went by, slows down, and dude yells , " finding anything " , couple flakes I say . He comes over and tells me he has found hundreds of arrowheads where I was standing, asked me if I wanted to see them. Then he told me they are soon to plow a large area of the field and it's gonna be " arrowhead heaven ". He's going to show me his collection and a few other headhunting spots next weekend. This good ol' boy has to be the nicest competition I've ever met. Good day that got even better. HH

Attachments

• phpfvSVrUPM.jpg
    phpfvSVrUPM.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 373
  • phpZysgrEPM.jpg
    phpZysgrEPM.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 371
  • phpGLon3bPM.jpg
    phpGLon3bPM.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 376
  • phpY8hUD1PM.jpg
    phpY8hUD1PM.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 377
  • phpQtEUaHPM.jpg
    phpQtEUaHPM.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 382
  • phpXlWkcSPM.jpg
    phpXlWkcSPM.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 372
  • phpJtElyAPM.jpg
    phpJtElyAPM.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 378
  • phpizdNqCPM.jpg
    phpizdNqCPM.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 373
  • phpJRZ7j2PM.jpg
    phpJRZ7j2PM.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 371
Upvote 0
Artifact heaven is where I want to go.. Is that first one a Benton? I see a nice busted Pinetree. Not sure on that second one its worn as is that last one. Looks like you are on a great spot. Nice of the neighbor to share a hunt.Look forward to seeing what you guys find. Nice hunt Thirty7. Good looking material as well. How are you typing the first two?
HH
TnMtns

some nice finds again, big chunk of hematite also. good job and good luck.
we had some torential down pours this aft.
gonna see what I can find tommorrow. Take care 37. JYD...

Man thats a good day by anyones standards except Larson, that guy is knocking them dead.

TnMountains said:
Artifact heaven is where I want to go.. Is that first one a Benton? I see a nice busted Pinetree. Not sure on that second one its worn as is that last one. Looks like you are on a great spot. Nice of the neighbor to share a hunt.Look forward to seeing what you guys find. Nice hunt Thirty7. Good looking material as well. How are you typing the first two?
HH
TnMtns

Yeah artifact heaven sounds good to me too. I think the first two are Kirk cn points. Still looking for a nice complete pinetree. They always seem to be damaged around here. Always appreciate your comments and help. thanks man.

JUNKYARD DOG said:
some nice finds again, big chunk of hematite also. good job and good luck.
we had some torential down pours this aft.
gonna see what I can find tommorrow. Take care 37. JYD...

Thanks alot JYD, good luck to you too buddy. Hope to see some of your finds soon.

Buckhunter said:
Man thats a good day by anyones standards except Larson, that guy is knocking them dead.

Appreciate the comments dude. Yeah I've given up trying to keep up with Lars...it's not happening. Matter of fact it's not a competition to me at all, I'm just happy to find what I do, and come here to see what everyone else is finding. Don't get me wrong it would be fanfreakingtastic to have a backyard heavily occupied village site field to walk through every night, but if it was that easy I might lose interest and change hobbies, I like a challenge...alright that's just a little BS right there, lol.

What a hunt buddy.. Killer day... I mean killer..... Forgot to tell you happy b-day on the tenth.. So happy late birthday greetings.... Congrats on the hunt. John

very nice Mr Thirty7
those scrapers are just like the ones we find up north
but the points you find are bigger and nicer than what i am used to
are those all arrow points that you find ?
it seems that the points from out east and southeast are always bigger
lars

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back