Nov 29, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II & Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20130730_163106.jpg

Upvote 4
Wow , that is cool ! Was this a "beer change find " by any chance ? I'm thinking it would be so amazing to metal detect a hobo nickel !

especially the buffalo nickels... me too

Have you checked out any of the online sites about hobo nickels ? some of the art work is insanely good - and even some of the modern
hobo nickels fetch big money - they have like "hobo nickel conventions " where these fanatical collectors gather - it's a pretty big deal ,
where did you get yours ?

I have seen some really cool nickels, and I to think it would just awesome to find one.

That is one neat nickel! I like it:thumbsup:

thanks you guys, it was in my change ... :-)

that's right :-) I pay in csh and buy 24s ... lol

Have you checked out any of the online sites about hobo nickels ? some of the art work is insanely good - and even some of the modern
hobo nickels fetch big money - they have like "hobo nickel conventions " where these fanatical collectors gather - it's a pretty big deal ,
where did you get yours ?

Did an image search...unbelievable!

I drink 211 steel reserve... lol I know right

I really want an older one maybe even a liberty head one ... that would cool most popular is the Buffalo nickel ...

I actually want to try and make a hobo nickel ,( I do a fair bit of jewelry making )- I just wonder if it's legal on a coin as recent as the one you
found ? I know that you can pretty much do what you want with obsolete coins - but 2005 might still be "defacing govt. property "

me too but don't have any engraving tools... and not sure of the law...

A close look at your nickel , and it looks to me like somebody just took a sharp steel awl , and scratched it by hand -
i don't know that you would even need engraving tools .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back