Miss halfdime does it again! Part 2

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I think I've used that title before, so I added "Part 2" to the end. In the past, I've posted finds by my daughter, who has developed a pretty good eye for treasure laying in plain sight, and sometimes out of sight. Her first Mercury dime discovery was a 1934 she found under a lottery machine; the only way that find was made was because she was also laying on the floor. Now that she's approaching twelve, that doesn't happen as often, but she'll still do it when the opportunity arises ;D. Unfortunately, Mrs. halfdime isn't as keen on the practice as I am! Anyway, we're walking to school this morning and Miss halfdime turns to me and says, "I found this at the mall; I can't remember when." She had found this dogwood blossom in a coat pocket, where it had evidently spent several weeks or months since its discovery. By its weight, I thought silver and started to look for markings. Turning the piece over, there they were: T&Co.925. Should I assume Tiffany? The 925 speaks for itself. So there it is, Miss halfdime again with a nice detectorless find!

Attachments

• dogwood 001 (Small).jpg
    dogwood 001 (Small).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 846
  • dogwood 002 (Small).jpg
    dogwood 002 (Small).jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 846
Upvote 0
:headbang: that's cheatin' ! :tongue3: :wink: she has talent ...well done Miss halfdime :thumbsup: :hello2:

Nicely done!

All the best,

Lanny

My daughter has a similar talent for finding silver. Maybe it is a daughter thing, I hope your daughter enjoys joining you md'ing as well.

MRBeyer said:
My daughter has a similar talent for finding silver. Maybe it is a daughter thing, I hope your daughter enjoys joining you md'ing as well.
She does enjoy detecting and understands that silver anywhere you find it is good.

Congratulations to your daughter, my wife does the same thing she finds diamond rings and gold chains just looking around on the ground and I find rusty nails :BangHead:

snakeyes said:
Congratulations to your daughter, my wife does the same thing she finds diamond rings and gold chains just looking around on the ground and I find rusty nails :BangHead:
Sounds like she's a wife worth keeping! ;D

And your little silver Princess finds the keeper once more! I tell ya, you need to keep her close when you go hunting. She's a good luck charm for sure. :wink:

Nana :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back