Miniature painting on silk

TheTh3rd

Jun 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found 5 of these (gave two away before I was told what they could be) wile cleaning out one of my dads rental houses. They were in a little photo booklet.A family from India who owned a Subway lived there for 10+ years.

They would fly in The grandmother, who lived in India about twice a month and she would bring stuff from their home.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

"His mugal king he was 4th mugal king of India he is name Jhangir"
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

"Painting on silk Krishna dancing with his Gerl Frend in Gerden"
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Really nice.

Any idea if they are legit? The detail is incredible and I don't think someone would spend that much time to sale something to tourists or gift shops

Upvote 0
Any idea if they are legit? The detail is incredible and I don't think someone would spend that much time to sale something to tourists or gift shops

The gold leaf paint is a good indication of it being somewhat important and not just a remake

Upvote 0
They look to be originals, versus a tourist made item, especially if made on silk.

Now, that's not to say they weren't made into tourist items. My parents used to get a lot of 'tourist artwork' that were actually pages that were cut out of old manuscripts and then framed in Asia and Middle East. Some of the pages were from the 1600's.

Upvote 0
They look to be originals, versus a tourist made item, especially if made on silk.

Now, that's not to say they weren't made into tourist items. My parents used to get a lot of 'tourist artwork' that were actually pages that were cut out of old manuscripts and then framed in Asia and Middle East. Some of the pages were from the 1600's.

The way they are folded on the back makes me think they were originally in some type of manuscript-I thought I was dumb for thinking that.

Upvote 0
The way they are folded on the back makes me think they were originally in some type of manuscript-I thought I was dumb for thinking that.

People figured out they could get more money selling by the picture versus the whole book at once.

Upvote 0
People figured out they could get more money selling by the picture versus the whole book at once.

Hypothetically.... If this were from the 17th-19th centuries wouldn't they hold some value, being that old

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back