✅ SOLVED Minerals Embedded in Lead? What or Why?

WoodnHead

Mar 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I recently bought an old button lot on Ebay and in the bag were these four pieces. I believe they are lead as they are very heavy and easily leave a mark on paper. They look like chunks of minerals, maybe pyrite etc..., deliberately embedded in lead. Just curious if anyone has seen this before or was this probably just a random thing someone did?

IMG_3648.jpgIMG_3660.jpgIMG_3671.jpg

they look like natural pieces of lead ore set in melted refined lead

Upvote 0
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
they are crystals set for an old crystal set radio.... sure wish I had my dad's old set. a whisker (spring loaded wire) you had to pic a spot on it to get a signal... they were set into a holder with a screw to clamp and hold the lead
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Ph...916317?hash=item2856db7b1d:g:kEAAAOSwGWBaxqp-

Ok... that is very cool! That certainly looks like what they are. Now, I wonder if they're worth anything. :^D Do the crystals hold up or do they eventually wear out and need to be replaced? I don't know if somehow what gives them their mojo would get depleted etc... I guess I'll mark solved. I knew someone would have seen something like them before! Thanks!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Galena crystals for radio, it’s primary ore for lead and it has silver too, they are collectible (I have several) and last I saw 10 to 20 each

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back