Military

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it's something military possibly army it's very thick and heavy 20170527_192929.jpg20170527_192922.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Any ideas on date and exactly what rank?

Upvote 0
Haven't ever seen large metal rank patch before and I spent 3 years in the army, maybe off a plack. I can tell you the rank is sargent first class.
Interesting find by the way, congratulations.
P.s. when I was in a long time ago we had metal rank shirt collar and hat pins but not that large.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
We had a similar item on a wooden plaque in the snake-pit mess. Had some mini badges beneath it.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Haven't ever seen large metal rank patch before and I spent 3 years in the army, maybe off a plack. I can tell you the rank is sargent first class.
P.s. when I was in a long time ago we had metal rank shirt collar and hat pins but not that large.

Staff sergeant (Army), actually.

Upvote 0
Staff sergeant (Army), actually.
Absolutely, I stand corrected. Knew I should have done a double check Google search. As I said it's been a long time since I was in, I shamefully thank you!

Upvote 0

Staff sergeant pay grade E6. Sargeant first class is 2 stripes down. E7

Upvote 0
From the son of a RSM (Regimental Sergeant Major) who was in the NZ Army, I immediately thought of an attachment to a swagger stick. I found this site for reference;
SWAGGER STICKS. COM

and a modern example:
Army1stSGTLargeBrassDLX.jpg

Upvote 0
Regarding the attachments on the back, the upper one looks t me to be a threaded stud like you would see on a cap badge (is that right?) But what is the lower one? Is it the same as the top one, or more of a pin? (Which is found on some hat badges as well to keep them from rotating)

Upvote 0
Same both threaded

Upvote 0
What is very said is that I have spent 30 years working with military folks from every service, but I still can't keep the ranks straight.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back