✅ SOLVED Military ribbon bar pin

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
attachment.php

I listed all of the awards, I see that nhbenz got the ID on the award in question while I was coping all of the other links, good job!!

First row left to right..
Meritorious Service Medal Meritorious Service Medal (Model #:162 ARMSM)
Air Force Commendation Medal Ribbon Air Force Commendation Medal Ribbon (Model #:404 AFAFCMR)
Air Force Achievement Medal Air Force Achievement Medal (Model #:102 AFAFAM)

Second row left to right..
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award Air Force Outstanding Unit Award (Model #:413 AFOUAR) Bronze Oak Leaf Cluster 5/16-Inch (Regular Service Ribbon Size) Oak Leaves (Model #:913 DBOLCD)
National Defense Service Medal National Defense Service Medal (Model #:164 ARNDSM)
Air Force Overseas Ribbon Long Tour Air Force Overseas Ribbon Long Tour (Model #:414 AFORLTR)

Third row left to right..
Air Force Longevity Service Award Air Force Longevity Service Award (Model #:410 AFLSAR)
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (Model #:574 AFSAEMR)
Air Force Training Ribbon Air Force Training Ribbon (Model #:419 AFTR)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like your guy was in the Air Force, because all the medals are Air Force except for the center one, which is National Defense, and everyone got that one, as long as they served during certain dates. Starting at top left and going down, A F Meritorious Service, A F Outstanding Unit, and the bottom is USAF Longevity. Top center, going down, A F Commendation, National Defense, and USAF Small Arms Expert. Next row at the top, A F Achievement, Long Term Over Seas Service, and the bottom is an A F Training Ribbon. I don't know how long the person was in, but there is no good conduct ribbon, and mrs. oroblanco is wrong, there is no Purple Heart. The purple heart is the same for all branches of the service, here is a picture of the ribbon.
purple heart ribbon.jpg

Upvote 0
All the ribbons & device have been correctly identified. As "Awards & Decorations" monitor, during my military years, I had to know each of these & what they stood for. Glad there were no state ribbons on this ribbon bar to be IDed...I knew Louisiana's & we had fleur de lis as devices.

The individual who this ribbon bar belonged to, was a individual who went went above the call of duty to earn the MSM, AFC & AFA.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back