Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found a new spot yesterday I thought I would try out for a few hours. Tough hunting in woods and weeds, but came up with an assortment of unusual finds. The middle piece is a medal given by the Japanese Navy to US Navy seamen in 1908. I found a little about it online and I've also added a photo of an original box that it came in. I also pulled a Roosevelt dime out of the same hole and some sort of pin with nothing attached. Second piece was a 1917 US Army and Navy Bazaar medal of some sort. Found out info on the Bazaar, but couldn't find anything yet on the medal. It was in the same hole as a rusted piece of iron or steel and the CTX still said dig so I dug. I also found a 1919 key fob from the launching of the USS Tennessee on April 30, 1919. In addition to a couple of old Wheaties I found a King Louis XVI copper that dates c.1792. No date and as the condition is worn I'm not positive of date, only type, but it fits. Also found a couple of wheaties from 1915 and 1919 as well as an Ipod. Still can't figure out why so many military related items were in an area of less than 50' square.

finds 7-29-13 obverse.jpg

finds 7-29-13 reverse.jpg

Inside-box-cover.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back