Military Buckle?

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this iron buckle in an area where I’ve found colonial and military items up to the Civil War. I’ve found many small iron harness buckles, but none that look like this. Could it be a military cross strap buckle or a belt buckle? Thoughts?
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1521939912.918616.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1521939935.698819.jpg

Just responded to let you know I don't t have a clue. But it is a good find:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
I'ts not a shoe buckle. It's a sash buckle. Worn over the shoulder for a pouch or such. I would guess yours as 19th century and easily Civil War period. It's a nice one.

Upvote 0
Agree with Smokey. Def not a shoe buckle. Looks like a iron sash buckle. Still a very cool find

Upvote 0
I'ts not a shoe buckle. It's a sash buckle. Worn over the shoulder for a pouch or such. I would guess yours as 19th century and easily Civil War period. It's a nice one.

Thank you Smokeythecat, that’s what I thought as well, but I wasn’t sure. Appreciate your input.

Upvote 0
Also at the onset of the Civil War, a lot of Confederate state troops used these, it was all they had. They are found frequently in CW camps.

Upvote 0
Also at the onset of the Civil War, a lot of Confederate state troops used these, it was all they had. They are found frequently in CW camps.

This was found in the Shenandoah Valley, in an area that Stonewall Jackson’s troops were known to have traveled early in the war.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back