Sep 28, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i

Attachments

• badge.jpg
    badge.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,150
Upvote 0
makes my mouth water! to me that sort of relic is worth more than it's weight in gold! Banner!

In September 1814, following US attacks on Upper Canada (including the burning and pillaging of the capital, York--now Toronto), British forces moved to take control of Eastern Maine, succeeding in gaining possession of that part of the state east of the Penobscot, including Belfast, Bangor and Machias. I wonder if the 93rd was part of that action...........
Don.........

That's a great find.

Hoping one day here to hit on a rev site. They are few and far between.

HH Jer

awesome find!!!! MR TUFF

Holy Moly!!! That is old and still looks great!!!

HH,

dandan said:
makes my mouth water! to me that sort of relic is worth more than it's weight in gold! Banner!

My husband feels the same way. The historical value is most important to him. On the other hand it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he found something nice for me to wear on my wrist or finger. :tongue3:

HuntersWife said:
dandan said:

My husband feels the same way. The historical value is most important to him. On the other hand it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he found something nice for me to wear on my wrist or finger. :tongue3:

I love this post, makes me feel so at home :laughing9: Tell him to hunt the beach :evil5: Christmas is
almost here :icon_pirat: Man that's a nice badge :notworthy:

Thinking like others, should be a Banner Find.
Way nice!
Carl

HuntersWife said:
dandan said:

I vote BANNER too; super duper find! :thumbsup: Breezie

LOL, too funny on finding something to wear on your wrist or finger.

dandan said:

If it's 1812 it probably is worth it's weight in gold. Maybe just 14k, but that's still pretty good!

WOW! I'm working on getting permission for a Battle of New Orleans area near the actual battlefield in Chalmette. I'd be overjoyed to find a relic like that!

HuntersWife said:
My husband just found this interesting badge. There are words around the 93. They say NEC ASPERA TERRENT. Anybody got any insight on this piece?
British 93 Reg. looks like it was warn on the hat big tall hat,but i could not find it in my books i will keep digging 4 that info.
flatbuttonman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back