Sep 28, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i

Attachments

• badge.jpg
    badge.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,150
Upvote 0
What does the back look like, and is that blue enamel or just the picture?

Appears to be 93rd regiment. Cool find!

:thumbsup: Interesting find :icon_scratch: 93 rd Regt ??? not sure what it is but I like it 8) 8)

Really cool looking piece! Looking forward to learning more about it. What kind of place was it found?

Iron Patch said:

No, not enamel. Patina. Here is the back.

Attachments

• badge2.jpg
    badge2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,297
Woooooow !!!!!!! what a great piece :headbang: Congrats!!!

93rd (Sutherland Highlanders) Regiment of Foot Soldiers (if this be the same 93rd) was formed in 1799. The 93rd sailed in 1814 with the expedition against New Orleans, and in the desperate but unsuccessful attack on the American position on the left of the Mississippi lost 3 officers, 2 sergeants, and 58 men killed, and 12 officers, 17 sergeants, 3 drummers, and 348 men wounded. A second battalion, which had been raised for the regiment in 1814, did duty in Newfoundland for sixteen months, and was then brought home and disbanded. The 93rd was in Canada during the insurrection of 1838, and served in North America and the West Indies until 1848. 93rd arrived in Upper Canada in December 1838.

Don.....

HuntersWife said:
Iron Patch said:

No, not enamel. Patina. Here is the back.

That's what I was hoping to see! I think you have a good one there.

wow very nice find , and great history behind it..

Congrats to your Husband !

Absolutely a BANNER find! Bravo!

Great find by your husband :thumbsup: Can you give us an idea (generally) where it was found and were there any other military relics found with it?

Steve in PA said:
Great find by your husband :thumbsup: Can you give us an idea (generally) where it was found and were there any other military relics found with it?
Or maybe just the state it was in.

Super sweet!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back