Michigan KGIII - Curtesy of an Aussie Homesteader

bottlecap4u

Jan 15, 2024
Visited one of my favorite bushwack sites today here in sunny 60-degree Michigan. Its an 1840s ruin now on state land settled by an Ausie family long gone by the early 1900s. Aside from the assortment of iron hinges and various doo-dads, found an old compact, crotal, buckle w/missing face plate, dunno, if anyone knows that one shout out, 1888 IHP and surprise of surprises...1806 KG III. My first old British, pretty stoked on that one since it outdates the homestead by 40 years. Happy days all.

Attachments

• MountKGIIIObverse2-24.jpeg
    MountKGIIIObverse2-24.jpeg
    1,015.9 KB · Views: 72
  • MountKGIIIReverse2-24.jpeg
    MountKGIIIReverse2-24.jpeg
    966.1 KB · Views: 51
Upvote 17
Visited one of my favorite bushwack sites today here in sunny 60-degree Michigan. Its an 1840s ruin now on state land settled by an Ausie family long gone by the early 1900s. Aside from the assortment of iron hinges and various doo-dads, found an old compact, crotal, buckle w/missing face plate, dunno, if anyone knows that one shout out, 1888 IHP and surprise of surprises...1806 KG III. My first old British, pretty stoked on that one since it outdates the homestead by 40 years. Happy days all.
Nice finds. The item to the right of the bell might be a bridle rosette for a harness. Just a guess. Congrats.!

Last edited:
Congrats on some great finds! We are getting some warm weather here next week so you should be able to hit it again!

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back