Metal thing with knight on horse design /updated description w/more detail

riverpie

Tenderfoot
Apr 10, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster Classic II
I found this metal detecting the other weekend in Springfield Tn. An old home in the city. Curious if anybody knows what it is. I don't think it's a door knocker though. It's designed on both sides. The loop doesn't appear to be broke but bent. It weighs right at 2oz. and has a bright gold color under the color you can see but it isn't magnetic. Brass, Copper??? Any ideas?? I'm new at this.

Thanks
Janice

Attachments

• DSC00589.JPG
    DSC00589.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 489
  • Resize 1.jpg
    Resize 1.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 494
  • Resize.jpg
    Resize.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 489
  • DSC00590.JPG
    DSC00590.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 495
junkmetal said:
A very rare and valuable medieval nights medal, I'm 100% sure because I saw one just like yours in a book. I will send picture if I can track book down.
HH

A medieval knights medal in TN? You're joking right?

Upvote 0
junkmetal said:
A very rare and valuable medieval nights medal, I'm 100% sure because I saw one just like yours in a book. I will send picture if I can track book down.
HH
Key chain for a chastity belt? ;D

Upvote 0
Kiros32 said:
junkmetal said:
HH

A medieval knights medal in TN? You're joking right?

Sure. Lots of royalty in Memphis alone. Graceland; Elvis "the King's" home. B.B. King's Blues Club on Beale St.. Martin Luther King was shot there. Had to be some knights around with all them kings.

Upvote 0
This was found in my yard and have been tracking the responses to "riverpie". I independently sent a photo to the Smithsonian's National American History Museum and received a suggestion that it might be a "weight" for scales. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
wesfrye53 said:
This was found in my yard and have been tracking the responses to "riverpie". I independently sent a photo to the Smithsonian's National American History Museum and received a suggestion that it might be a "weight" for scales. Any thoughts?

Welcome from the UK :)

Doesn't look like any weight I have ever seen.

Maybe a 'pull' on the end of a toilet chain flusher :)

As its horse related, maybe a decorative item on a horse.

Drawer pull for furniture in the 'Medieval' style.

Basically not sure other than its not a weight. Ask them to give you a reference of the weight? I bet they don't.

Doesn't look more than 100 years old.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back