cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1238770_658906570787732_332215927_n.jpg Can anyone tell me what this thing is and what it's used for? I don't have any other information on it, this is something my brother found and asked me about, he did not give me any specs. or anything. I can get more information if needed, just thought someone might have an idea.

Thanks!

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts, especially since you didn't have much to go on! Size, Type of metal, weight, markings, other photos! My brother had it on his facebook page, and was wondering what it was. so I just threw it out there!

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
My brother apparently took this to his local hardware store, and this is what he said about his trip, "The guy at the hardware store suggested part of a lamp because of the hardware on it.."

So I am with you on this!

Thank you again for your time.

Either that or he just messed up his metal detector.:laughing7:

Upvote 0
Thought you been hiding out in a cave recently CD - welcome back... :toothy4:

Thank you HutSiteDigger!
I really come out of my cave in late fall and winter months! I just don't find time to do any detecting when the large mouth bass and Pike are so fun to catch in Wisconsin! LOL

Upvote 0
I will ask my brother and get back to you if he answers my question from you! Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Does the one end turn? I ask, because it looks like a surveyors land wheel.

Mrs.O

Upvote 0
My brother apparently took this to his local hardware store, and this is what he said about his trip, "The guy at the hardware store suggested part of a lamp because of the hardware on it.." So I am with you on this! Thank you again for your time.

Glad I could help! I was pretty sure about it being a desk lamp base and I guess the guy at the hardware store confirms it.

Upvote 0
Hi, My brother says, "I am convinced that it's a work lamp the one end clamps to the table and the other end swivels to adjust the light fixture which is missing. Its not a land wheel..." Thanks for your time!

Does the one end turn? I ask, because it looks like a surveyors land wheel.

Mrs.O

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back