Sep 9, 2016
NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Forum,

I found this Aluminum ID tag, and it has me wondering. It is so far gone, and super hard to read. I was able to see a couple of words, but I'm stumped. I will try to get some better pictures.

IMG_0282.JPGIMG_0283.JPG

The key to figuring it out will be in the circular company logo that is barely visible in the second picture,top of tag. The tag is a manufacturers nameplate that was most likely on an old electric appliance or motor. Maybe G.E.or AC Delco

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay, This picture tells more. The NE stands for North East Electric. At the bottom I can make out Delco, and General Motor Corporation. I can also make out Rochester. In the middle is serial and order. I can tell now it is auto related, Rochester related, an General Motor related.FullSizeRender.jpg

Upvote 0
Okay... after searching the internet, I found some more supporting info.

DELCO APPLIANCE DIVISION

The North East Electric Company which was formed in Rochester, New York in 1908, became a part of General Motors in the latter part of 1929. Within a few months it was consolidated with the Delco Light Company and it's name changed first to Delco Appliance Corporation then later to Delco Appliance Division. Delco Appliance was the main supplier for items such as heater motors and windshield washer motors and pumps.

ROCHESTER PRODUCTS DIVISION

In 1937 it was decided to build a second plant for the Delco Appliance Division in Rochester, New York, and the new factory was opened in 1938. A few years later, shortly before World War II, the plant was 100 per cent converted to the manufacture of war products. At the conclusion of the war, the plant did not reconvert back to it's original peacetime activities. Instead, it was called upon to begin the development of fuel devices such as carburetors, and steel tubing for fuel, oil, and brake lines.

Story of General motors
books.google.com
General Motors Corporation. Dept. of Public Relations, General Motors Corporation - 1960 - 84 pages - Snippet view
In 1937, it was decided to build a second plant for the Delco Appliance Division in Rochester, New York. This new factory was opened in 1938. The following year, it was accorded divisional status as the Rochester Products Division...

Nut shell.

Dayton Fan & Motor Company..26 and retro

Day-Fan 26-29/30?

Delco 30-the start of WW11. The last link I saw to support Delco fan motors was in 39. Not sure after that.

Upvote 0
Okay, after yet more searching I found this!North East Electric.jpg

Upvote 0
Okay I think I can mark this on solved. This tag came off of a Delco North East Magneto Type S12RAP4North East Electric Delco.jpgDelco ID Plate.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back