Metal Detecting in southern Florida

Aug 24, 2017
1403 so. west 15th terace
Detector(s) used
garrett and fisher
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
i've been a metal detector user now for about 55 years and it never gets old. i've hunted many old civil war and Mexican war battlefields in southern Texas. i've written a 125 page pamphlet about those old battlefields with photos. i have also found the remains of an old U.S. army camp site just about 100 yards north of the mouth of the Rio Grande river. This old camp site was located and used by Zac Taylor and his men during the Mexican War period in 1836/48. it was also used by U. S. Army troops during the Civil War period. The U.S. Army had a base there on the Boca Chica side of the jetties across from Port Isabel, Texas. I have found many artifacts there including a few Belt plates and a number of uniform buttons and quite a number of Minnie Balls and Round Balls in this old camp site. If you need any more information about this old camp site you my email me at [email protected]. i'd be glad to help you but i live way down here in southern Florida now. .....Thank you for reading this........I am Norman Bateman

i've been a metal detector user now for about 55 years and it never gets old. i've hunted many old civil war and Mexican war battlefields in southern Texas. i've written a 125 page pamphlet about those old battlefields with photos. i have also found the remains of an old U.S. army camp site just about 100 yards north of the mouth of the Rio Grande river. This old camp site was located and used by Zac Taylor and his men during the Mexican War period in 1836/48. it was also used by U. S. Army troops during the Civil War period. The U.S. Army had a base there on the Boca Chica side of the jetties across from Port Isabel, Texas. I have found many artifacts there including a few Belt plates and a number of uniform buttons and quite a number of Minnie Balls and Round Balls in this old camp site. If you need any more information about this old camp site you my email me at [email protected]. i'd be glad to help you but i live way down here in southern Florida now. .....Thank you for reading this........I am Norman Bateman

Hey Norm, good information, too bad I live in abilene and that a far piece from here, but I'm sure someone willll take you up on that info. Where in Southern Florida? I was raised in Miami and return to the beaches every year for a week of detecting. Got a little tired of the Atlantic waves, so have been going to the Emerald Coast for the past two years and loving it. Heading that way in October, but have heard that several of the hotels are claiming their beaches out to the water and trying to chase people off??

i've been a metal detector user now for about 55 years...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at FORUM: FLORIDA for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Welcome !
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back