Metal Detecting Books

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Black Vaquero w 5.75" Con & 11x8 RSD, Compadre 8" Donut, T2 w 11"DD, Ace 300i w 7x10", Vanquish 440 w V10, & Simplex+ SP28.
Past: Whites 4000D Ser 3 w 8" Con, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta 18Khz.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What are some of your most enjoyable reads over the years, no magazines please. I would like to pick up a few to read that will keep me going until winter is over, lots of snow in and around my area and ground is really hard.. It can be from Relic hunting, coin and jewlry to nugget hunting, old town, homestead, beach hunting, but not necessarily Civil era stuff though as I am in Canada. But looking for good reads on the subject from high and low soil conditions in various areas to ground balancing, separation, and discrimination, nothing quit old but literature that would be able to go over the differences of some of the makes and models out there and what to look for for an advanced next machine and can be from any distributor that may come to mind.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Read your machine's manual, then go out and use it. All the reading of all the books ever written on the subject will never help you more than actually turning your machine on and using it. Focus on research. Talk to people, get private permissions. Location is 95% of making the good finds. :skullflag:

Thanks for the advice Terry, I like reading WETreasure in my past time, also I own Mastering the Tejon and Vaquero from Kindle great as well other then the manual I have gone through I see alot of other Kindle books out there cheap enough to just purchase that way..but your right makes sense once things get softer from the freeze out here will get more use out of my Vaq.

Cheers.

rather make a coin garden and read your machine. The brands area here on treasure net is also excellent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back