Met up with a old friend of mine

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hi all, I mentioned before I was going to get together with a friend of mine who just recently got reinterested in detecting. Over 10 years ago this guy got me interested into the hobby. At the time he had a top of the line eagle spectrum and I was a younge 14 yrs old.

My mother was engaged to him and it didn't work out. But we continued to be friends through out the years. We chose 2 spots to hunt on friday. One was a strip in a old neighborhood that had 2 old homes there at one time. Also there was a play area attached to the yards for neighborhood kids to play in. Most of the ground was top soiled over. But one corner of the place was natural. I found a 1880 indianhead 2 wheats and a 1997 chipper jones baseball token.

The next spot we checked was a park. It looked old but all that was around was clad. I picked up about 5 dollars.

Today I decided when I got home from work this mourning I was going to go detecting. I went back to my favorite old park. Me and my son got there and the very first hole dug was a 1918 buffalo. I then found 2 wheats one a better date of 1915 D. I also found a 5 cent market token. And a small peice of silver the size of a dime that came off of something.

Not alot of relics. But it was a solid weekend hunt. I enjoyed being out 2 days in a row. We got alot of rain here and it finally cooled off. My team made it to the championship. We were supposed to start the 3 game series tonight but the rains are to hard. I'll let you know if we win it for the second straight year in a row.

Thanks for looking. HH Jeremy

Attachments

• August 27th 2005 edited.JPG
    August 27th 2005 edited.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 340
  • August 27th 2005 1.jpg
    August 27th 2005 1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 333
  • August 27th 2005 2 edited.JPG
    August 27th 2005 2 edited.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 335
Upvote 0
Thanks guys, wanted to get out today but I had a game at 9:00 a.m and it was my son's birthday today also. Starting to get cooler here now and i'm waiting for my favorite time of year for hunting to come in.

I'll keep you all posted.

HH Jeremy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back