Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merc Walking to the 1939 World's Fair

Today I went to a 1800's farm house location where I recenlty obtained permisson to hunt. There was still to much snow on the ground to hunt anywhere but the small front yard (24' X 80'). I picked up some clad in the driveway and as soon as I got into the grass I started hitting wheat pennies, 11 total. Also grabbed the three prizes pictured below; a nice 1935D Liberty Walking Half Dollar, a great 1941 Merc, and a 1939 New York World Fair token. I hunted for about two hours.

I used the 9 1/2 inch coil and removed everything with a postive ID. I plan to go back and check this area again with the Super 12.

2008-03-30Coins.jpg

2008-03-30Coinsbackjpg.jpg

Upvote 0
Re: Merc Walking to the 1939 World's Fair

Sweet stuff, especially the half...and the token is pretty cool too. Too bad about the snow..it's all gone over here. Me and Mirage got out too and we'll post...

Nice finds. Love the World's Fair Token.

HH

- joe

wow ! great coins and an awesome 2 hour hunt congrats :thumbsup:

GOOD LOOKING HALF, ISN`T IT GREAT TO SEE A LARGE SILVE DISC IN THE HOLE............PACO

Nice work Schrecky. Nice group of coins. Be careful or you'll use up all your good luck before the DFX hunt. :D

Well, anyway I suppose you'll at least find a Franklin half. :wink:

Ken

Nice hunt Dan. That is a cool token. And of coarse who doesn't like those Walkers. :) I bet that place will produce some nice stuff for you. Good luck.

Bob

Not bad for detecting in the snow. The Walker and the Mercury are in great shape for being that old and in the ground the whole time. Congrats.

That's a great day in my book. I'm still searching for my first walker. Good job man!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back