Memorial, Wheat, Indian Cents S.C. Kansas

K

KansasRhett

Dug a 1935d wheat penny at the city park Saturday that was only 1 1/2" deep. Really surprised me to find it so shallow in a hunted park. What is the ratio of wheats to memorial most of you find and how often does the occasional indianhead find it's way to your pocket? The park I was at is about 100 years old and had a horse racing track in it in 1906. There is another person in town who hunts this park and doesn't do much of a job filling in holes so I don't hunt it real often because I don't need the guilty by association label. Also, if there is anyone around south central who would like to get together and hunt sometime, I have some nice old turn of century homesteads to hunt.

Upvote 0
KansasRhett, there are definitely more mems than wheaties unless you get to some older sites although I found a 1939 wheatie laying right on the ground-probably someone got it in change and then lost it-my gain. Where South Kansas? Close Ark City? BTW, welcome to the forum.

I live around Kingman. The town was founded in 1877. We have a really neat county museum where I have gotten some leads on hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back