Medicine bottle age/value?

Listed as a cosmetics bottle......$1-$2.
Keep lookin and enjoy it as a cool old bottle....Joe

S,
for your info:

Hi, my name is Jessica. I was given 26 bottles that were dug up in Boston MA by accident. I can't seem to distinguish the ages or worth of my bottles. Let me describe a few and if you have the time could you email me with your comments about them or point me in the right direction.@ 4", clear, McMinn Medicine Mann Cambridge. The bottom says C.L.C.CO.33" clear, Omega Oil, the bottom says 52" clear, the bottom says, Carters Made in U.S.A5", blue, John Wyeth & Bro., near the top it says: Next Dose At. The bottom says PAT May 1883 in a circular pattern, the center has a 0 @5" bluish clear Sawyers Crystal Blueing 6" deep brown Father John's Medicine Lowell, Mass 3" clear Carpenter-Morton Co COLORITE Boston Ma. The lips on these bottles vary along with there bottoms. I am assuming that they all came out of there same time period seeing that they were found together. Any help would be much appreciated I thank you for your time.

Your bottles sound like they were from a turn of the century dump. I believe you will find information on nearly all of them on this site in other months of questions. All are relatively common except for the Cambridge bottle of which I have not heard. Being rare does not make it valuable however. I expect your bottles all to be worth in the $1-2 range with the exception of the Wyeth bottle which if it had its original dose cap (glass) would be worth in the $15-20 range. Digger.

Good site to get info:
http://www.bottlebooks.com/questions/August2001/August 2001 Questions.htm

have a good un..................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back