Medi Alert even after a couple of fine 925s!

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Medi Alert even after a couple of fine 925's!

Tiny swell and cool rainy weather today - so I got in the water at a popular surf beach - found a mixed bag - plenty of bobbypins and other trash - 2 rather nice hallmarked silvers (need more cleaning but coming up a treat) - a junk toe ring and other junk earings (not in pic), a diabetic Medi Alert tag with a curious chain - no clasp - curb all the way around - I'm hoping it is silver but I fear it is stainless like the tag. The chain came up with a key and a bobbypin attached in concretion. I only got to thigh deep today and searched a small area slowly ... so with conditions looking the same tomorrow I'm hoping for bling there is plenty of scope / room there. Maybe I could change the alert tag to "Give Beer Now" or better still "Must have Gold Daily", some coins too. HH
Oh and a this curious little cross I got the other day - no clasp / ring for a chain and it looks to be painted or corroded weirdly on only the front and back, it has a rose gold / copper colour on the edges - they have no paint / corrosion evident.

Attachments

• IMG_2817.jpg
    IMG_2817.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_2818.jpg
    IMG_2818.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2820.jpg
    IMG_2820.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2821.jpg
    IMG_2821.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 251
Upvote 0
I would expect the Medi Alert to be totally stainless, not silver.

If it is like the ones in the States, it would be easy to
contact the organization that made it so you could
return it to the medically-impaired owner.

Nice, i wish you luck next hunt.

Medic Alerts do come in silver, as well as stainless. I know, I have a .925 one. Contact the toll free # on the back of the pendant and they will tell you how to return it. With privacy laws the way they are, I would assume that Medic Alert would have you return it to them so they could forward it to the owner. One other thing, the chains do not have clasps - they attach at the disk. You have to tell Medic Alert what length chain you want and they attach it. Clasps are weak points and usually where chains fail. Without a clasp, you are less likely to lose the chain...guess it didn't work in this case!

Nice finds!

Very nice assortment.:icon_thumleft:

Some interesting finds...nice silver rings.

Interesting finds . Thanks for sharing..

thanks for the replies, yes there is a phone number and ID number on the back - I'll call today and see what happens / post it back. HH

sent it back today to the Medi Alert Foundation - HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back