Medal Experts--Need Your Help! French? British? US?

coachbedford

Jun 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug this about 10 years ago on the Central Coast of California (much Spanish activity in the olden days). I just assumed this medal was brass and was some WW II or American Legion medal that someone lost or discarded. Now after doing research (but still not finding a complete match) I wonder if it is much older. I also wonder if it's French (resembles some old French military medals).. or Spanish ... or U.S. An 8-point star medal where the points I believe were all red at one time. Also I assume there was some cloth presentation piece in center. Any thoughts out there? Much appreciated!

Attachments

• fmedal.jpg
    fmedal.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 68
  • bmedal.jpg
    bmedal.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 66
I collect WW1 German medals. That one doesn't look familiar. Most European countries had medals with the Maltese cross incorporated into them. If you go to the Wehrmacht Awards Forum and join, you could post the pic in the Imperial section. You'll probably get an ID there. Gary

Upvote 0
Congrats Coach, nice find!

And congrats to you nh, on a great ID and photo!

Best wishes to all!

Upvote 0
Hey, thanks to the responders and DownNDirty for making the ID-- that is pretty much it I would say. Also, I guess by that, I would judge my piece to date early 1900's at earliest, maybe up to mid-1900's (not early 1800s like I hoped).

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back