Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll

Attachments

• Ed-Nh-Barn.JPG
    Ed-Nh-Barn.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 819
whaaaatup ! ;D Hey see your from NH,got a story about that ! wanna hear it ! here it goes ;D.....Years ago i went on a weeklong camping trip to NH with several friends.We were in a small town close to Mt.Washington ??? When we stooped at a small diner for breakfast one morning.There was a piano and one of the Lady's with us started to play and next thing ya know we were drinking beer and havin a great time.We met some of the locals and they took us to a place way up on a mountainside.There was an old abandoned tower ??? weatherstation ???.We were throwing a Frisbee and it went over a steep bank and i got elected to climb down to fetch it.I climbed down and found the Frisbee lying next to what looked like a mine entrance or small cave.I peeked inside but was thinking about bears :o so i didn't stick around long,but i remember seeing some rusty tools and junk.So ever since then i often wonder what i could have found had i been a little more sober and daring !

Hiya Enhh,

Nice pic of you, I see from your posts you are finding some awesome stuff in and around those cellar holes. Keep up the great work, uhh I mean fun. Looking forward to seeing more of your finds. ;D

;) RR

No no no... if you were "in full gear" you'de be holding your Minelab! Just kiddin'. Always nice to see the folks who we enjoy conversing with here! -Ben

Great to see you and that fantastic barn! Those rocks are huge! :o

You've been a welcome addition to Tnet. I always look forward to your posts. :)

Do you have any other cellarhole pictures to share. I'm nuts about them....they don't call me the queen for nutin'! ;)

kieser sousa said:
whaaaatup ! ;D Hey see your from NH,got a story about that ! wanna hear it ! here it goes ;D.....Years ago i went on a weeklong camping trip to NH with several friends.We were in a small town close to Mt.Washington ??? When we stooped at a small diner for breakfast one morning.There was a piano and one of the Lady's with us started to play and next thing ya know we were drinking beer and havin a great time.We met some of the locals and they took us to a place way up on a mountainside.There was an old abandoned tower ??? weatherstation ???.We were throwing a Frisbee and it went over a steep bank and i got elected to climb down to fetch it.I climbed down and found the Frisbee lying next to what looked like a mine entrance or small cave.I peeked inside but was thinking about bears :o so i didn't stick around long,but i remember seeing some rusty tools and junk.So ever since then i often wonder what i could have found had i been a little more sober and daring !

You described Northern NH to the tee. Those folks are a lot of fun up there. Us guys to the annual Pittsburgh (northern most town in NH) "fishing" trip every fall. We don't fish too much but do have a good time.

99Brown said:
Nice pic. Find anything good at the cellar?

99Brown

Hi 99Brown, at the cellar hole or actually in it I found a beautiful draped bust 1807 large copper. It had a hole drilled in it. I guess it was either hanging on a beam or around someone's neck ;D Pictured, I am standing near what was once the barn.

Attachments

• Dsc01567.jpg
    Dsc01567.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 697
Mona Lisa said:
Great to see you and that fantastic barn! Those rocks are huge! :o

You've been a welcome addition to Tnet. I always look forward to your posts. :)

Do you have any other cellarhole pictures to share. I'm nuts about them....they don't call me the queen for nutin'! ;)

Hi Mona Lisa and thanks for the kind words. Yes, I do have more pictures. I love those old sites. I'll post some of the actual cellar hole from where the house stood. That's where I found the 1807 draped bust large copper.

nhbenz said:
No no no... if you were "in full gear" you'de be holding your Minelab! Just kiddin'. Always nice to see the folks who we enjoy conversing with here! -Ben

When I saw "Full Gear" I was thinking rucksack, metal detector, shotgun, helmet, couple hundred feet of rope for caving, parachute, etc! ;D ;D ;D

Good to see you!

Best,

Mike

Good to see ya Ed! We'll have to get together some day and attack a new site...Beautiful Large Cent!! ;D

Best of luck! Hank 8)

xlt nh said:
Good to see ya Ed! We'll have to get together some day and attack a new site...Beautiful Large Cent!! ;D

Best of luck! Hank 8)

Hi Hank nice to meet you. I'll be hitting the beaches over the winter now that I can't hit the woods. Maybe we can hook up sometime.

Ed-

You travel light, Welcome, Fossis....................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back