Mar 11, 2006
Valrico Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite

Attachments

• frogfoot & me.JPG
    frogfoot & me.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 928
Found a lot of info on him but nothing about seminars that he has. But then again it was late at night, typing with one hand, beer in the other. Probably user error. I'll try again this morning.

Skull and Crossbones said:
Found a lot of info on him but nothing about seminars that he has. But then again it was late at night, typing with one hand, beer in the other. Probably user error. I'll try again this morning.

Here is a link to his 2008 seminars, has his email address at the bottom of the page for any questions about them.
http://www.sunkentreasurebooks.com/weller.htm

Welcome to Mugs Richard...nice photo and good luck on your treasure diving! :icon_king:

WelcomeSign2.gif to TNet, Richard. Great pic of you & "Frogfoot". I looked over the websites...some interesting stuff to read & see.

:wink: RR

Attachments

• WelcomeSign2.gif
    WelcomeSign2.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 807
I metal detect on the 1715 Beach Sites....then its Capt Hirams or Archies for lunch or dinner.

Hi Richard, nice to meet you.. great pic. Good luck on your treasure dive.

Molly. :)

Rich, you are a mountain of a man! nice pic. you look like my son. 6'3" and 260' big guy. i still try to knock him down but can't.Bill

Bob and Margrate Weller are wonderful people the type that legends are made of. Bobs health has been felling him in recent years and just as of last week he had heart surgery ...so plehbah cut him some slack.

He was part of the very first UDT team serving in the Korean theater, they were known as frogmen back then, thus his nickname "Frogfoot" he rose to the rank of commander. Today this team is known as the US Navy Seals!

Bob and Margrate are considered the granparents of treasure divers here in Florida, Not only well know in Florida but also worldwide. He has dove and became personal friends with legends such as Kip Wagner, Mel Fisher and many more. Having authored many books about treasure, he wrote the autobiography on Mel Fisher called "Dreamweaver"

No Bob does not dive anymore but some of the members of the team that Bob started many years ago continua to dive the 1715 fleet along the treasure coast of Florida. Nowadays the team is involved in worldwide salvaging in many differant country's. How do I know all this well Bob is a personal dear friend of mine and I am a member that team!

Pollibr, I wish you the best in finding your first piece of eight, as Bob would say Patience and Perseverance. I wear mine proudly. It is from the Nieves site and is a grade 2 ... Still looking for my first 8 Escudo!

Goodies can still be found on the 1715

Jimi D Pirate

Richard, nice to see you posted. It looks like the tropical storms may keep me land locked here in Missouri. Talked to one of the guys in Ft. Pierce and he said they have not been out in 10 days due to 0 vis due to Bertha, now I see another is forming near Cuba. Hope I don't burn my vacation here in the Ozarks. Will let you know if I make it down. Norman

Welcome to Mugs! Great pic and even greater info on an incredible man. Thanks for sharing!

Meeting Frogfoot and his beautiful wife Margaret was more then I ever expected....First you never felt like it was a first meeting with them, it was like you were family the moment you walked into their house. The information shared was like being with Indiana Jones one on one....sitting with Frogfoot and hearing him tell the stories of salvage, seeing his grid maps of the blow holes that were made in the sand, the history of the Plate Fleet then to actually have the tour of the 1715 Sites first hand. Words cannot describe the history lesson that took place...You actaully felt like you were there visualizing the ships wrecked on the beaches......I hope more people can attend his seminars.....and yes he recently this week had surgery and slowly but surely he is recovering....The man is a one of a kind....and man can Margaret cook....

Your absolutely right ... Bob is quite the storyteller of his true life adventures ... The best history class you will ever take on the subject. period!

Jimi D Pirate

nothing like getting the info "first hand" from those who spent their lives in the area finding loot --real research at its finest.

This is very sad, although I believe he has now discovered the greatest treasure ever, and that is his creater. God bless such a special man. :'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back