me and my princess

SWEATYSOCK

Feb 14, 2008
Cumbria
Detector(s) used
Quattro
hi to one and all. thought I'd post a snap and explain my nickname.
I dont have a personal hygiene problem (or maybe folks are too nice to say!)
I'm an english man brought up in scotland then moved back south of the border after I left school. as an engineering apprentice I got the nickname Jock at work due to my accent, then fell foul of that peculiarilly British trait "Cockney rhyming slang" ergo Jock - Sweatysock.

Attachments

• SHREK.jpg
    SHREK.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,274
Dude, that is FANTASTICALLY funny!!!!!!
Thanks for posting it... I needed a good laugh this morning!
Welcome to TreasureNet!! :thumbsup:

Bran <><

That is a good pic. Looks like lots of fun going on there.

Welcome to Mug. and Tnet.

Ray

Green with envy....
Welcome!

Green looks good on ya both. Great picture and story.

john

We didn't think your Almond Rocks were all Pen and Ink me old China............ but a Butcher's at the Shrek costumes gave me a good Belt Buckle.
Welcome!

SouthernGirl said:
very cute photo!

I agree with SouthernGirl. Great to have you with us at T-Net. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your finds.

:wink: RR

welcome120.gif

Attachments

• welcome120.gif
    welcome120.gif
    19.8 KB · Views: 976
Welcome to Mugs and Tnet! You and your princess look like you are having a great time!

Attachments

• welcome30.gif
    welcome30.gif
    10 KB · Views: 902
I Believe somone Harvested yous too soon Sweatysock.

You's Havn't even Ripened yet.

Thanks For Posting !

Jeff

Who's the ghost in the background?

Welcome fellow UKer.

Where your finds?

Oh my gosh ...I love your pic....Halloween is one of my favorite ..(it is Halloween ,right?...or maybe you dress like this everyday...makes no difference ....very cool)

glad you all enjoyed the pic. occasion was a friend's 40th birthday.
hoping to post some decent finds when i get some land sorted, i live within spitting distance of hadrian's wall and as a result most sites around here are scheduled and therfore off limits.
i know a farmer who has a roman fort and vicus on his land which is scheduled, but i dont know how close i am allowed to detect up to it. any of you UK guys know the rules ?

sweatysock said:
glad you all enjoyed the pic. occasion was a friend's 40th birthday.
hoping to post some decent finds when i get some land sorted, i live within spitting distance of hadrian's wall and as a result most sites around here are scheduled and therfore off limits.
i know a farmer who has a roman fort and vicus on his land which is scheduled, but i dont know how close i am allowed to detect up to it. any of you UK guys know the rules ?

To schedule a site you have to establish the limits of the site. This boundry will be well documented & the owner will know these limits as he is the custodian of the site. You are allowed anyway just outside these limits (with permission from the land owner).

http://www.magic.gov.uk/website/magic/

You can also go the the above site.
Step 1 - select my own topic - pick 'Scheduled Monuments (England)'
Step 2 - pick your area

If its not on this site, its not Scheduled (I believe).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back