All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• dad and chris.jpg
    dad and chris.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 779
  • dad and chris.jpg
    dad and chris.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 772
He never got into it Jeffro. He went with me some when he was a kid but never took to it that well. He left for the Army, (third generation soldier), right out of high school and has been on his own since. I have a younger son that is liking it though. He found his first old silver last year. It was a 1937 Merc. He has been several times with me. I have a Tesoro Bandido Umax which is very light and perfect for him. I take him to the beach with me every now and then. He hunts for a while and then plays in the water when his attention span drops.

Thanks,

Jim

Thanks Gypsy! I needed that! There was a time when the girls chased me but those days are gone now. My love is my family and this hobby. 36 years in this job has left me a good bit desensitized to most everything but the occasional find of an old coin or the glint of gold in my beach scoop gets some emotion stirred up. Thanks again for the compliment!

Jim

Welcome to TNet and mugs. Great picture of you, and, your son. I'm glad MD'ing helps you to chill out. It does me too. :)

Thanks everybody for the kind words. I have been Treasure Hunting since about 1987 and it has been a great outlet for me to get away from the pressures of the week. The other great thing about the hobby is meeting some really great folks.

Hope everybody has a great year and that you find items to fill your top ten wish list. I will try to post some more pics this year in the hunt mode.

One question? Which one are you? lol
I wore the badge for 10 years. Got smart and got out. lol
Nice pic.
Tennessee Joe

Gypsyheart said:
Handsome men in your family !

I gotta agree with Gypsy. Thank you for your dedicated duty, Chief. You both are doing outstanding work to protect your community. Stay safe!

;) RR

Hey Jim Big hats off and congrats to your son . :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'm sure very proud off him.. Tell him to stay safe out there. Guzz1

Welcome Jim to Mugs! Good to have you here at TNet. :icon_sunny:

Handsome and doing a great service! I think its great he is following in your footsteps lotta respect there, looks like you did a good job on him to! Now can we see a pic of the youner man of your family! :icon_sunny:

Chief your a total failure for sure........NOT

My son when he was small wanted to follow in my footsteps...........no way in hell.
You and your sons job is just as dangerous as mine was running into buildings that everybody else was running for their lives getting out.
I was a firefighter.

Congrats to the both of you taking care of us here at home!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back