MDing Prank.....

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
I'm sure many of you have played a prank on a MDing partner or whatever but here's one I pulled on my wife recently.
We just celebrated our 25th anniversary. I'm all the time telling her I'm gonna bring home a nice diamond ring for her from one of my metal detecting escapades....she's less than enthusiastic about it to say the least. So anyway, we took a cruise to the Bahamas and while she's lying on the beach I'm out detecting, she's watching me find some clad, then I pick up a scoop and start shaking it out, in the meantime I've dropped in a diamond ring (that I've bought) and carry it partially covered in sand up to her and say see there, here's the kind of stuff I'm out here for. She pulls it out and starts wiping it off...very excitedly...asking did you really find this? It was hard but I kept up the pretense for a while until I had to fess up. She was about to tell me to get back out there. I think the guy a short distance away probably has bought a metal detector now...he never knew the truth about it.
Quick note...I ended up selling one of my detectors to a local in the Bahamas, he was begging me to sell it to him, said that they are very hard to get there. Perhaps there could be a good market for the right person!
Happy Hunting. Dan

Upvote 0
Nice work Dan. Where did you sail out of. I wish I had known I would ahve given you a send off . Where did you cruise too? I hit Atlantis for a day trip one in a while plus we do work all over the Islands. so I guess the Question is will she let ya buy another Detector??? LOL
Thanks for posting that. HH

Good story Dan. Which island did you visit and hunt, and was the hunting on the beach any good there, did anybody bother you, etc.?

HH 8) surfrat

What a great idea!............I have the same problem with my husband....he's not interested in MDing either. HMMMMM....maybe I could use your idea.......but I don't think the golf clubs will fit in the scoop! ;D

Nana ;)

We cruised Royal Caribbean's Soverign of the Seas. Left Port Canaveral and went to Nassau. I detected on Atlantis's beach, wanted to detect on Cocoa Cay but the detector was sold....I kept whinning....sure wish I had my detector. No one bothered me although lots of eyes were watching as I started scooping through the sand. All I found was clad in the Bahamas and on Daytona Beach Shores. The water was just a bit too rough to do much out past my knees/waist.
LOL....Nana you'll have to find a gold tee or one of those markers they use for their golf balls. That ought to perk him up.

That's a sweet prank..........I have thought of pulling that prank in reverse...........I thought of buying a set of golf clubs at a yard sale,and bringing them home...........Look what I found today,,,,,,,Now I HAVE TO START GOLFING......
Think she would go for it ?..........he he .........Just a Thought

Thats funny, I like the story about the local too. LOL!!

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 191
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 187
GOOD ONE! Too bad you didn't find it, couldve saved a buck or two, eh? What a lucky wife you have! Hmmm, never from my hubby...

Melnatcat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back