Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well today i goto my bank and pick up $200 in dime hand rolls which gave up a 1963-D Rosie :D not the best but ill take the silver for sure. After im done with my dimes i head to McDonald's and while in line i look in the little Ronald McDonald donation box thing and what do i see lookin back at me not 1 but 2 silver washington quarters!!! upon farther inspection i notice a 61-Rosie!!! the 1 washington was a 1963 and the other im not sure but could see the D mint mark on the back side. So of course i ask the manager if she has the key because im a collector and i would replace what coins i was interested in with 1's of the same value. she informs me that about a week ago the company that is in charge of the donations changed the way it works instead of the McDonalds sending them the coin the head people come pick it up now, and she no longer has a key. If i didnt know this lady i would suspect that she was lying. :( kind of frustrating lol i can look through thousands in change and find a couple silver and walk into McD's and have 3 that are just out of reach lol....anyways the manager told me she would let me know when the people did come but she doubted that they would let me exchange any change that was in the box...i can only hope...o well i have a around $60 in nickels that i have left to search so ill post anything i find later....

HH

Upvote 0
Aww come on. We want you to tear that box off of the counter and shake the heck out of it, take what you want and hand it to the nearest girl with a stupid look on her face! Hahahahahahha! That would be too funny.

Well you could go there & ask, but tell them you'll give them a dollar for each of the coins you want, the dime would be just 10 times face & the quarters would be 4 times face, either way you'd be ahead & so would they! Might work!

Sorry to hear about that man! I just stop looking in those anymore because I've seen silver in there before and it kills me to know I'll never have it.

-Codes

seger98 said:
Well you could go there & ask, but tell them you'll give them a dollar for each of the coins you want, the dime would be just 10 times face & the quarters would be 4 times face, either way you'd be ahead & so would they! Might work!
Sounds like a plan and everyone's happy!

AMC rulz said:
seger98 said:
Sounds like a plan and everyone's happy!

Might as well give it a shot! :D i love washington silvers and since i know the manager i might have a better chance...ill let you guys know the outcome even tho it may be a while before they come to empty it.

HH

I'd a stole the box. LOL I had a similar disheartening experience Sunday while dumping. The bin was full when I got there, so when the tellers (not the good ones) came out they didn't want to change the bin so she pushed the coin around trying to make a pocket for my 3K to fill. As the other is trying to push the bin back in I see a Ben and asked if I could swap out- nope we can't do that sir. My regular teller would have let ME but she was off skiing. I knew better than to look close enough to read the date though, I'd a had to rob the place if it was a '55 haha. HH Mark

coltdavis said:
Well today i goto my bank and pick up $200 in dime hand rolls which gave up a 1963-D Rosie :D not the best but ill take the silver for sure. After im done with my dimes i head to McDonald's and while in line i look in the little Ronald McDonald donation box thing and what do i see lookin back at me not 1 but 2 silver washington quarters!!! upon farther inspection i notice a 61-Rosie!!! the 1 washington was a 1963 and the other im not sure but could see the D mint mark on the back side. So of course i ask the manager if she has the key because im a collector and i would replace what coins i was interested in with 1's of the same value. she informs me that about a week ago the company that is in charge of the donations changed the way it works instead of the McDonalds sending them the coin the head people come pick it up now, and she no longer has a key. If i didnt know this lady i would suspect that she was lying. :( kind of frustrating lol i can look through thousands in change and find a couple silver and walk into McD's and have 3 that are just out of reach lol....anyways the manager told me she would let me know when the people did come but she doubted that they would let me exchange any change that was in the box...i can only hope...o well i have a around $60 in nickels that i have left to search so ill post anything i find later....

HH

This to me is the down side of what CRHing can do to us. I can relate to what you felt there. You sound like you need the 12 step CRHing treatment plan. :wink:

When you get to the point that you try to convince a mcdonalds manager to let you get silver out of the donation box, you are beyond hooked.

I would have felt the same way a while back. I have greatly scaled back my CRHing because it was taking too much time away from my business. It is amazing how addictive this is. I have had hobbies before, but I have never had a "hobby" this addictive.

Since I have cut back on my CRHing my business has improved so that I have been able to buy some gold and silver bullion with the extra profits I have been able to make. So I am happy about that. It sure beats a few 40%ers here and there. Although I still get 3-5 boxes per week so I am not on the wagon so to speak. No more scrounging around for hand rolls though.

Jim

Since you know the manager, tell her which coins you want, and leave $2 with her and ask her to look into it. Might get lucky.

And yes, this can be extremly addictive! I wish business were booming here, I would also be buying bullion.

jim4silver said:
coltdavis said:
When you get to the point that you try to convince a mcdonalds manager to let you get silver out of the donation box, you are beyond hooked.

Lol jim i wouldnt of even said anything if i didnt know the manager lol and why not take a shot and some silver :D lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back