Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_9282.JPGIMG_9289.JPGIMG_9286.JPG

I found this in the woods near an old sandstone quarry that was in use around the 1900's. i thought it was copper when i dug it but this is how it cleaned up after about 30 seconds with a wire brush. maybe pewter? or an alloy if its from something newer. best guess is maybe a collar for the handle of a tool but i would think those would be rusty iron not clean like this.

not saying you guys are wrong because i really don't know what it is but i don't see it being a bullet. the star shaped things are some kind of nail or rivet i think. you can see the opposite side of one poking out. that's why i thought maybe it attached something metal to something wood. also i don't think its lead its not heavy enough for is size.

Upvote 0
My guess would be a smooshed canteen throat, I dunno

Upvote 0
Maybe part of a knife handle (hunting knife)

Upvote 0
This appears to be the pewter spout from a leather shot pouch / flask.

Steve

Upvote 0
I see an engine part similar to this.
m-NC9Is6VmX-B8Ib2z85B3g.jpg

Upvote 0
opened it up a little. the star shaped deals are small nails that don't run all the way through. it seems to have held something possibly a powder flask of maybe something wood but i don't think it was meant to be open like a thimble or engine part although it does look similar... maybe tougher than i thought, oh well thanks for taking a stab at it.

Upvote 0
looks like a fired lead bullet

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back