Maybe the best CoinStar experience I'll ever have

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Walked into the Walmart Friday and as usual I headed straight for the CoinStar. I noticed a little boy, maybe 2 yrs old, standing in front of the machine. Now I have to wait for the little rugrat to get out of the way. Then I saw him very excitedly trying to get mom's attention, trying to show her a quarter and pointing to the CoinStar. As I walked by I asked him what he found so he showed me his quarter. He was so proud of his find. But as I looked down I noticed the return was full of coins. What to do? After he got his big coin out he had not noticed the rest. There were several dimes and a lot of pennies. He was thrilled and I could scoop up the rest. BUT, I called him over, looked over to mom to see if it was okay, showed him the coins, and proceeded to fill up both his little hands. He was doing his happy dance and yelling to mom "Look, look". Can't remember the last time I saw a kid that happy. Of course I probably created a monster and he'll be drag his poor mom the every machine that even looks like a CoinStar. Maybe hooked for life. Well worth that little sacrifice.

Great story. I had my first big Coinstar find at a local grocery store the other day! It was a single 2020 penny! First time I have ever found a reject coin in a CoinStar machine! I am a Winner! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back