Maybe silver ring?

haraldmartin

Mar 18, 2013
Norway
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPRO, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Edge Digger+Camo Pouch. RESERVE: Garrett EuroAce +AT-GOLD
Primary Interest:
Other
First silver ring found

Hey guys, today i was at the beach 400 m from me, and i were walking on the muddy area beside the beach, then i saw a circular object like a ring or something, and pang, it was an dark weird ring! My first non-metal detecting ring:metaldetector: :hello2: I've cleaned the ring with baking soda+salt and boiling hot water, and these are the results. The ring also got an number inside the ring, "825." , and a mark on the other side . The ruler on the picture is in centimeters + i found the exact same hallmark on the internett, it's made by Kristian M. Hestensen in Bergen,Norway. CIMG1830.JPGCIMG1829.JPGCIMG1832.JPGCIMG1831.JPG CIMG1835.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 3
Nice find - 800, 825, 835 - etc. are not uncommon in Scandinavian , Russian, and some other European countries -though not
sterling , it is none the less - a very nice find ,and predominantly silver !

Hey haraldmartin , can you post a pic of the hallmark inside the ring ? Thanks !

Last edited:
Yeah i can post a pic of the marker, but my camera has a bad focus....soo i can see what i can do:icon_thumleft:

Great find, I have been using the magnifying glass on my camera and they usually come out pretty good. My focus is horrible on my phon e , so it helps.
May take a few tries tho.

Okay, thx:icon_thumleft:, gonna try that, if i had a magnifying glass though:unhappysmiley:

Wops, it wasn't 825, it was "925" :)

Even better!

Great job!My Dad found a sterling and turqoise ring walking the beach early one morning while we were on vacation thirty years ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back