Maybe my oldest coin? Its Chinese? + IH!

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe my oldest coin? It's Chinese? + IH!

Went out with D-dub to a couple spots for a quick hunt before work. Just a lonely wheatie at the first spot, but worth going back to in the early spring when the undergrowth is down.

Second spot was very unusually clean with no signals.....So I dug the first signal I came across which was a 12-04/12-06 on the "E". I expected foil or something, and it was this Chinese? coin. I rescanned the hole, and there was another one, rescanned again, and part of another one(only found 2 parts of the third one...part of it still missing).

Ended at "awesome" grove on the way back home, and nailed the IH there. Man does that grove look like a mine field! :laughing7:

I hope everyone had a great weekend and HH! Enjoy.

Attachments

• chinese 3.JPG
    chinese 3.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 168
  • chinQ.JPG
    chinQ.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 187
  • chinese coin.JPG
    chinese coin.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 204
  • chinese back.JPG
    chinese back.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 202
  • ihf.JPG
    ihf.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 189
  • ih\'95.JPG
    ih\'95.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 195
Re: Maybe my oldest coin? It's Chinese? + IH!

Ended at "awesome" grove on the way back home, and nailed the IH there. Man does that grove look like a mine field!

That'd be awesome to see!
Nice digs!

Thought I dug one yesterday also, but it turned out to be a washer with a square hole in it. Weird....
Nice looking coins!!! :headbang:

great finds jon , wtg!!

wtg on the Ming Dynasty coin

Lookn4seated said:
oz_il said:
Looks like you have some Chinese 'Indian Head' coins.

Take a look here: http://www.calgarycoin.com/reference/china/china8.htm#kuang hsu

Y-190, "BOO Kuang" (Kwangtung mint) at the sides. This type was struck from 1890 to 1908.

chy190.jpg

You're most definately right on with that one. Wish it was older, but still a cool find I think.

lol, when I saw that you posted this coin, I thought to myself, "What the hell??? HOW did my 1600's Chinese coin get beat?!?!?" lol...super cool coin, mine surprised me when I found out what it was.

Joe

twistidd said:
Lookn4seated said:
oz_il said:
Looks like you have some Chinese 'Indian Head' coins.

Take a look here: http://www.calgarycoin.com/reference/china/china8.htm#kuang hsu

Y-190, "BOO Kuang" (Kwangtung mint) at the sides. This type was struck from 1890 to 1908.

chy190.jpg

You're most definately right on with that one. Wish it was older, but still a cool find I think.

lol, when I saw that you posted this coin, I thought to myself, "What the hell??? HOW did my 1600's Chinese coin get beat?!?!?" lol...super cool coin, mine surprised me when I found out what it was.

Joe

Yours definately beats this one, that's for sure. I was hoping that it would be close to yours in age when I found it. I was actually thinking to myself..."Is this the same coin twistidd found?"

It's pretty cool I guess.....for a "foreign" coin. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back