Maybe an artifact?

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. Found this, it appears to have been worked to a sharp edge on both sides. It's tough to tell from the pictures but does anyone know if I have anything?

20140316_182812.jpg20140316_182819.jpg20140316_182748.jpg20140316_182756.jpg20140316_182547.jpg

looks to me like a worked peice of stone indeed! looks like a knife or scrapper??? is it broken? hard to tell

Upvote 0
Yes, it's broken, the fourth pic is the broken end.

Upvote 0
Is it me or can I see the shape of a human head and Torso in picture 2? Looking head on?

Upvote 0
Is it me or can I see the shape of a human head and Torso in picture 2? Looking head on?

Don't see it, don't suppose you could photoshop an outline on it?

Upvote 0
lol, good photoshop, thats a little abstract though.. you must be an artist.

Upvote 0
It appears similar to prehistoric native american artifacts I have found. Maybe a broken knife. Cool find I think, but without more info like context in which it was found, part of the world, other lithic material present (you did not say but I guess it is stone), not much can be said about it. Hope you're going back and checking the place you found it closer, for more worked stone and maybe even the other half. And I would not read a whole lot into any perceived imagery in the piece. Probably accidental and not intended, but it did take a sharp eye to spot it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back