• IMG_20200417_104553.jpg
    IMG_20200417_104553.jpg
    560.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20200417_104519.jpg
    IMG_20200417_104519.jpg
    545.3 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 0
Looks like big pipe I DNT know?

My first gut reaction is a tourist trade item.

What is the story behind this?
Where did you obtain this item?
What is the dimensions?

You did not post a photo showing the rear to the front or full on side photo. Could you post those please?

It looks like one of the types of incense burners (copal pine resin), but I agree it looks more like a tourist item to me.

If you want to see some pictures of them you can google Mayan Incense Burner and check out the images, most will be larger stationary pots, but the hand held ones are there.

If you google the Spanish name you'll see more relevant pictures.

Sahumador maya
or
Sahumador azteca

My mom always gos to Mexico vecation bought bought it in a tiangis like swap meet were sell stuff she brought it back cuz she knows I like all Mayan and Aztec stuff I told here wat is it she said she didn't know but look interesting there is small bowl 76.2mm wide bother ways on the bowl an the bowl hole that gos all the way to the head part it's like foot long "ya tats bout it .o an they told me to spray water on it see if the material sucks up the water fast tat mite bee good sign but I DNT know jus research I did on line an the peace absorbed the water up pretty quick*I DNT know if tats good sign or not if u know more let me know jus wat know had it for long time*

It is an interesting piece I will give you that.

Either way; It may not have a high extrinsic value on the market but the intrinsic value to you personally being gifted from you mother - is high.

Never know have an expert look at it in hand

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back