May 12//10 mems./2 wheaties/3 mercs

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Working Construction,,,,,,I got Rained out today......So what do I do......You got it....I went hunting.......First for bottles,,( I will clean them up and post for my weeks finds under 'Bottles & Glass Section').........Then after two hours of getting a little wet......I decided to take those bottles home and get my detector.....
The rain let up a little after noon so I went to an older part of town..Where they were replacing some water and sewer pipe.....For A block and 1/2 ,they had 1/2 the street tore up and only had a 18-30 inch wide part of the parkway scraped down about 10 inches.....Narrow parkways in that part of town.....I did not know how well I would do , with such a small area to work.....And I had already tried hunting the first 1/2 of the block that was tore up 2 months ago(Found 2 wheats and a merc then !
My pics are here below.....I normally pitch the trash when I'm done,but I thought it would be a good idea to include it with my picture post........To give an idea of the Junk/Treasure ratio......
Found was 1 lead ball ?....1 marble ( by accident)...The JUNK......1 child's copper ring (I thought at first it was a pull tab)..........10 Mems..........2 Wheaties..........and 3 mercs...........By the way....(.To all the newbies that have their first dector) My ratio of Silver to // Clad is normally about 1 to 90 or 100.............In other words for every 1 silver dime I find .....I find at least 100 clad or mem coins..............This was a good day for me as I (even in an old hunting site) normally find maybe one........or maybe two.......But it has been a while since I have found 3 in one site.....Ex specially as small as the parkway is.....I got real Lucky in a Dump site last week...when I found silver,a war nickle,tokens,toys ect..along with some (not so old bottles)Every thing went right that day...Enough Talk......Heres the pics......Sorry about my poor painting skills..............Hear That Beep ? Digga Deep !
000_0883.jpg

000_0884.jpg

3mercs_2Wheeties.jpg

Upvote 0
Nice digs!

HH Dave - post some more!

Lonewolfe

McNickle,
If your using "Paint" Just click the box with the "A" in it move the cursor where you want the text, left click and type.
Great job with the writing though.
Great job on the merc's, those are on my wish list.

Baddog1

...........................I wondered how to get text in there.....Thanks Baddog1......That'll make life much easier the next time ......H.H.

BTW, no mint mark mean Philadelphia in all coins from this century...as far as I know.

Great finds!! If you keep this up, you might want to change your name to McMercury WTG!!
HH

To bad your work day was interrupted McNickle and you had to go out and hunt ;D Nice finds.HH

WTG!!! Any day with silver in it is a good day... X 3 makes it all that much better... ;D
Great digs,,, Good luck & Happy hunting~

JARMAN said:
To bad your work day was interrupted McNickle and you had to go out and hunt ;D? Nice finds.HH

Diddo we really feel for you. I kinda like McMercury.LOL Good job.HH

Thank you for your ratio of clad to silver, lets see I have 81 clad so far, so..... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back