marbles!!

CraigBrown

Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am going to try my best to record ever outing i have this year!! Today was my second attempt at my local beech (which has more history behind it then the beech its self). I new the area i was detecting had been hit many times before so i cranked my machine to the max. Boy to my surprise there is so much junk people missed at deeper depths. machine gets several solid signals but i wait out till a high tone and hit a Gas Cap at around 10 inches, i dig, pull out the cap, and notice a blue marble, start digging around, 2 more i find, at depths of 10 or so inches. for fun i dig even deeper reveling to me the original ground level, Disappointing!! over 150 years of topping up and decaying matter are between me and the original ground level. Well that was my outing, I can not wait till i buy my new machine this year and get to enjoy the water and detecting at the same time. Happy hunting all!!! If you are wondering i do find marbles often detecting, i am at 10 to-date.

Attachments

• P_20190410_160346[1].jpg
    P_20190410_160346[1].jpg
    1 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Upvote 17
Nice finds. I always like finding the marbles. It gets real nice when they are clay.

I love finding marbles, especially old clay ones! Nice finds, congrats! :occasion14:

marbles represent fun, although I also remember some very serious times with them.

Hi, nice old marbles you found Congrats:icon_thumleft: I love finding marbles myself

Good job I also record my hunts dates place finds ECT if you search I think find sheets many people have posted some cool ones I use a spread sheet it adds all my coins by dates ECT really cool of course my better 7/8s set it up for me lol. Going to be a good year for ya. Tommy

I love finding the old marbles. Tells me kids were there frolicin' and (hopefully) droppin' things back in the day. I've got mine in an old mason jar on a window sill in my office.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back